MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

This looks rather generic to me and the cast is the least attractive of MCU casts. Awkwafina isn't even likable let alone more than that. But it's a teaser doesn't really say what this is about. So whatever. I keep forgetting this is coming out. 

anyways nvm

Not gonna comment on this. 

Edited by Madhuvan

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

4,5M views on Twitter 

1,2M views on YT(310k likes)

1,1M views on Instagram 

Only official channel

Good for unknown character

6,1M views on Twitter 

4M views on YT(400k likes)

1,5M views on Instagram 

Only official channel

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hollywood should stop bothering trying to pander to China. The boost in the world wide total isn’t worth the 25% and the risk of a strange, easily offended reaction. 

But what of Chinese fans? I thought like you once but posters here explained that it wouldn't be fair to Chinese fans and I fully agree with them. Fans should not be punished.

Also nobody leaves over 1 billion people off the table. 25% of 1 billion tickets sold (OK I'm exaggerating but you get my point) is a lot. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

The question is... how old is Leung's character?  The "flashbacks" make it look like it could be centuries ago...although yes, China has only undergone rapid development in certain regions in the last few decades, and many parts of the country (if it is even supposed to be China) are still undeveloped...  but it could just be an "origin of the 10 rings" thing...

Just speculating... Wonder if he is "immortal" through the powers of the rings and that he's actually fathered lots of children, and perhaps Shang-Chi is the first one who actually turns good?  (If I just spoiled the whole thing, sorry Feige!)  

Either way, yes, hope Tony Leung gets to show off some more charisma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking the Mandarin has been around since ancient times, when things were more magical. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Are we finally getting some good hand to hand fights in the MCU?! Color me surprised.

Shade!

Vutc.gif

++

I'm so happy with this.  It's nice to get new content and new characters.  And I'm ready for Simu to blow up.  He's so damn endearing on Twitter.

Though, I do agree, I hope there's a twist with Awkwafina.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm here for Tony Leung

Only if he doesn't get dubbed.

Let me say it again:

TONY LEUNG HAD BETTER NOT BE DUBBED FOR AMERICA, FEIGE!!! 

If there's a "problem" with English... subtitle him.  It remains [reasonably] authentic.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Only if he doesn't get dubbed.

Let me say it again:

TONY LEUNG HAD BETTER NOT BE DUBBED FOR AMERICA, FEIGE!!! 

If there's a "problem" with English... subtitle him.  It remains [reasonably] authentic.  

Yes this. I see that a lot of drama fans absolutely reject dubbed versions and watch in Korean and Mandarin or Cantonese with English subtitles. So public isn't as opposed to subtitles as made out to be, especially young people whom this movie targets won't mind.

I mean, Inglorious Bastards made a shitton and it was 75% subtitled. This won't be even 2%. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1