MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

45 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Well, given that this appearance talk does refer a real person in real world, I don't want to go too far.

But if you put Simu next to Tom holland, Evans, Hemsworth, robert downey jr, cumberbatch.....never mind~

nvm

Edited by Madhuvan

I think it's cool that this guy has a physique that actually looks achievable without high doses of HGH. If that means he's "average" looking then I think we should see that as a positive, considering the insanely unrealistic body expectations set by a lot of these Marvel guys who are juicing like crazy.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TMP said:

I think it's cool that this guy has a physique that actually looks achievable without high doses of HGH. If that means he's "average" looking then I think we should see that as a positive, considering the insanely unrealistic body expectations set by a lot of these Marvel guys who are juicing like crazy.

It's not  the body, it's the face. East Asians not liking the face.

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Maybe they should've just casted Tony Leung as Shang-Chi instead.

Nah, too old to be honest. Even though I like him but he has no martial arts background and his English is not exactly great.:: plus he is already getting a lot of flake from him people in China for his participation in Shangchi (let alone if he becomes Shangchi).

Plus there will be voice of boycott around the world (similar to Mulan) if you actually go dig and find out Tony Leung’s political view. =/ no one is putting attention there now because he is not the lead.

I am leaning more towards Ludi Lin or Ross Butler.

Edited by TigerPaw

26 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Because Disney is DTC first company now. All their films are direct D+ releases, unlike announcing them in one go, they announcing it one at a time.

Eh, not really. It's only been that way because of the pandemic. From a financial perspective, it still makes more sense to focus on theatrical for the blockbusters at least.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

From a financial perspective, it still makes more sense to focus on theatrical for the blockbusters at least.

Theatrical which they actually only got like $4B, despite consumer paying $11B for their product in 2019.

From studio pov, making D+ work/compete with Netflix & HBO Max need to be top priority. And for that, need exclusive content.

Just my final words. It's really amazing how cherry picked comments are used to say that this movie is dead on arrival and that people hate it. Weird I have seen mostly positive reception. It's like targeting on purpose and making assumptions just because you are not impressed with trailer and Simu Liu is not good looking enough ( what the hell even is that)

Simu Liu is handsome and is acting very well. So sad to see that your hypothetical and unhealthy beauty standard are not matched. Deal with it ig. He is in MCU and not going anywhere. 

This reminds of Captain Marvel hate train. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

sadly Asians hate their own face and has extreme beauty standard(which is eurocentric).

and it's not just simu getting the hate. pretty much all the Asian American(or Canadian etc..) actors get called ugly by Asians.. 

I dont know where you get that from.

Not that many asian actors and actresses make them big enough in holywood for people to care about to make comments. Plenty of good looking people on tv shows, they just dont make headlines.

And nothing unrealistic about peoplr making comment that he is not good looking. Plenty asians are more handsome than simu, from all walks of life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Just my final words. It's really amazing how cherry picked comments are used to say that this movie is dead on arrival and that people hate it. Weird I have seen mostly positive reception. It's like targeting on purpose and making assumptions just because you are not impressed with trailer and Simu Liu is not good looking enough ( what the hell even is that)

Simu Liu is handsome and is acting very well. So sad to see that your hypothetical and unhealthy beauty standard are not matched. Deal with it ig. He is in MCU and not going anywhere. 

This reminds of Captain Marvel hate train. 

I'm so glad I stayed out of the Captain Marvel thread in the months leading up to its release coz it must have been an echo chamber of THIS IS GOING TO BOMB COZ BRIE LARSON HATES MEN! THIS IS GOING TO BOMB BECAUSE BRIE IS NOT BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH! THIS IS GOING TO BOMB BECAUSE BRIE IS NOT SMILING ENOUGH!

Some people try to manifest things that have no basis in the real world around them. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 8