MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

15 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Sounds right up my alley. Having to care about a reality ending event for every piece of content is annoying. 

It's not about stakes either, if it could be entertaining like Ant-man movies, just don't look that way either. Will be so happy to be wrong. Just that this is the third Marvel trailer I didn't like in last 5 years. Captain Marvel and Black Widow were the first two. If considering TV, TFATWS. So never a great sign if trailer is bit...

Edited by charlie Jatinder

I thought this trailer was much worse. The action here just seems like janky CGI mess to me. Surprised by how bad the CGI all throughout the trailer is (it's even worse than what I've seen from some actual fantasy East-Asian action films and those films at the very least use CGI to show some absolutely insane and over-the-top action). And if there were any doubts before, I think it's pretty clear Tony Leung is dubbed lol.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

I'm curious about chinese reaction to this trailer. If i remember the teaser faced extremely mixed reactions on chinese social media.

Let's see if the marketing can turn this.

This is probably entering F9 sessions, it should excite that audience since this one is very action driven.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

If i remember the teaser faced extremely mixed reactions on chinese social media.

IIRC the negative reactions were for stereotypical looks of Simu in East Asia, guess those aren't gonna change.

Chinese had more specific issues as well, which we are not qualified to have a say on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I thought this trailer was much worse. The action here just seems like janky CGI mess to me. Surprised by how bad the CGI all throughout the trailer is (it's even worse than what I've seen from some actual fantasy East-Asian action films and those films at the very least use CGI to show some absolutely insane and over-the-top action). And if there were any doubts before, I think it's pretty clear Tony Leung is dubbed lol.

For some years now i always found the CGI on they trailers bad or mild, and then in the finished movie looks better.

This is the bad part of working with such crazy deadlines like Marvel does. Their post production dates are way smaller than it should, it even compromised some movies like BP third act which looks straight from a video game.

• Like 2

Looks cool and colorful too. Something I could use clarification on; are they using magic here? Are the 10 Rings pure technology or are they some form of magi-tech? I'm down to see more magic in the MCU I just wish I understood clearer what magic is or isn't in the MCU.

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

I liked this trailer better because it looks cooler and shows more cool stuff. Simple tastes I guess. 

Teaser vs trailer I suppose. I'm glad they didn't show too much in the teaser since I like to save all that for when I actually watch the movie. Same with Eternals, just some hints without revealing too much, exactly how I like it.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

For some years now i always found the CGI on they trailers bad or mild, and then in the finished movie looks better.

This is the bad part of working with such crazy deadlines like Marvel does. Their post production dates are way smaller than it should, it even compromised some movies like BP third act which looks straight from a video game.

This movie has been delayed by half a year. Even simple stuff like glass breaking (at 0:59) looks so cheap. I don't really even care that much about bad CGI, but definitely not what I was expecting when I clicked on the trailer.

Personally the family feud aspect looks more interesting to me than the rest of it. Seeing the water dragons and stuff is less interesting to me.  But as an Asian who has a 'Tiger Dad' perhaps that would always connect more with me than others.

• Like 1

Wow this trailer is not good… first one at least was a bit more grounded; was looking forward to a good action movie - now this looks like a (bad) cgi fest.

is it only me or is the trailer for Snake Eyes better than this.. 😥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trailer is awesome. I loved it.

Also, I hope you all don't start doom and gloom again.

If you don't like trailer or thinks it looks bad fair enough and I have absolutely no problem if you think that this movie will fail in Asia blah blah..

But please don't come for personal stuffs about actors like last time. It's offensive idc

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Trailer is awesome. I loved it.

Also, I hope you all don't start doom and gloom again.

If you don't like trailer or thinks it looks bad fair enough and I have absolutely no problem if you think that this movie will fail in Asia blah blah..

But please don't come for personal stuffs about actors like last time. It's offensive idc

I think everyone here needs to be objective and we should not be afraid to share our opinions. 

Understand you are a MCU fan, people noticed that from miles away; but not everything is perfect you know. Trailer can be bad but movie may be good.

Don’t defend every MCU movie related topic and post with your life; let others share their opinion as well

And I don’t mean this in a bad way at all; just hope that as forum we see more varied and differing opinions instead of fans defending their favourite franchise in every related topic.

Thank you 🙂

Edited by TigerPaw