MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

I think everyone here needs to be objective and we should not be afraid to share our opinions. 

Understand you are a MCU fan, people noticed that from miles away; but not everything is perfect you know. Trailer can be bad but movie may be good.

Don’t defend every MCU movie related topic and post with your life; let others share their opinion as well

And I don’t mean this in a bad way at all; just hope that as forum we see more varied and differing opinions instead of fans defending their favourite franchise in every related topic.

Thank you 🙂

You didn't get what I was saying.

I never said that no one should criticize.. I just said don't be personal. Is that a fanboy behavior?? I am not gonna go on about this discussion because I have many things to say but I respect BOT rules and leave this discussion here.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

You didn't get what I was saying.

I never said that no one should criticize.. I just said don't be personal. Is that a fanboy behavior?? I am not gonna go on about this discussion because I have many things to say but I respect BOT rules and leave this discussion here.

Edited away my long reply - never mind let’s agree to disagree. I am not talking about your previous comment specifically

all I want to say is that in general - we all should respect each other’s opinion and don’t have to take things personally when someone doesn’t like a film or a trailer that you happen to be a fan off.

we don’t have to convince the world what we think is good or bad, this is a forum and we should respect the diversity of people and opinions.

Cheers 😊

Edited by TigerPaw

I liked this trailer a lot more. I'm not a fan of Marvel when they're more leaning towards the family jokes and lightheartedness (i.e. Ant Man and the tone of the first trailer) so this has kind of alleviated some of my fears.

2 hours ago, PKMLover said:

In the previous trailer, Chinese had mixed reaction but with this new trailer, it seems tons of people have positive reaction.

Just curious where do you see this? If it is comments at Marvel's official weibo account; most of them there are fans but the most liked comments are still either asking about Black Widow's release date (and saying release before piracy looms) or still some quite negative comments about Simu Liu - which is really unfounded I feel...

I just went to weibo and did a quick search - it just seems reaction are more muted - i.e. less people bother to scold or react to the new trailer? And this may be because the first teaser was the one that general audience found out Simu Liu was playing Shang Chi hence the huge reaction then.

I do think and hope that if the movie turns out okay or good; these naysayers will go away but for now i am not seeing like huge change in terms of reaction from first to second trailer?

Edited by TigerPaw

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Just curious where do you see this? If it is comments at Marvel's official weibo account; most of them there are fans but the most liked comments are still either asking about Black Widow's release date (and saying release before piracy looms) or still some quite negative comments about Simu Liu - which is really unfounded I feel...

I just went to weibo and did a quick search - it just seems reaction are more muted - i.e. less people bother to scold or react to the new trailer?

I think if the movie turns out okay or good; these naysayers will go away but for now i am not seeing like huge change in terms of reaction from first to second trailer?

talking about black widow, shouldnt we hear about the release date soon ?

20 minutes ago, john2000 said:

talking about black widow, shouldnt we hear about the release date soon ?

No idea to be honest… Marvel offended the authorities with the May release date; China gave it the best 1st May Labour Day release and it pulled out without prior notification. It could have done a fast9 style release in China first and reemphasize the important of the market; and you would easily see USD200m from China cause 1st May is a very lucrative season (and most other local films turned out bad..).

I wouldn’t be surprise if it releases on Mid July; 1 week after the rest of the world. Best case scenario now will be a day-and-date release.

they should have put ShangChi on D+ simultaneous release instead of BW; BW has so much more potential and following in Asia including China..

Edited by TigerPaw

Looks infinitely more interesting than Black Widow (which looks “fine” but I’m not exactly hyped, even if I will inevitably watch it day one) and I’m digging the Doctor Strange vibes. I’ve got to echo the thoughts about the CGI though, it looks very green screeny, especially the bit where they’re stood at the waters edge looking at the island. Hopefully it’s just the trailer though, I tend to find that CGI rarely looks good when it’s compressed into a YouTube video, but ends up looking fine on the big screen.

Fun trailer overall though!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PKMLover said:

In the previous trailer, Chinese had mixed reaction but with this new trailer, it seems tons of people have positive reaction.

I think the emphasis on powerful family ties and less on humor helped alot. The humor aspect doesn't always translate as well.

• Like 1

It's better than the 1st trailer (there's no uber-cringy "not funny but trying to be funny" moments anymore), but now I'm just getting Iron Fist season 1 vibes...martial artist who grows into his powers and needs to beat his super-powered villain dad/dad figure.  The music was also not my favorite, and yeah, some of the CGI was straight-up bad (as someone mentioned, the glass moment - how does that get in a trailer?)...

I'm iffy on this one...I've seen everything so far Marvel has made, but some I've seen at home thanks to pregnancies, babies, and less interest...this one is skewing to the "at home if it's full price or if I'm too busy to start the school year" vibe...

Edited by TwoMisfits

This trailer felt like a real step forward. 
I agree with the people pointing out that the compressed release dates alter the MCU hype cycle. We’re getting more Loki, BW and maybe What If? before Shang-Chi. 
It’s harder to feel an album release is epic when the label has so many releases in between. 
I’m buying it all, of course. 

Should have really not cast Awkwafina. She must have a great agent because she is completely inappropriate for the role. 

Wasn't great for Raya and the Last Dragon either, though Disney's design of the dragon really didn't help her there either.

• Like 1