TMP

Brightburn | Memorial Day 2019 | Sony | James Gunn Horror

13 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The BBFC has given this a 15, but it looks like they’ve advised WB to censor it:

This film was originally seen for advice at which stage the company was informed it was likely to be classified 18 uncut but that their preferred 15 classification could be achieved by making reductions to two scenes featuring both strong gory images and a dwelling on the infliction of pain and injury. When the film was submitted for formal classification these scenes had been acceptably reduced.”

🙄

That sucks...Cutting and slashing a movie in order to fit a rating, is beyond horrible.

Yeah, the 2 scenes are probably the most disturbing scenes in the movie, but that doesn't justify cutting them. 

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

That sucks...Cutting and slashing a movie in order to fit a rating, is beyond horrible.

Yeah, the 2 scenes are probably the most disturbing scenes in the movie, but that doesn't justify cutting them. 

Sony seem quite happy to do this unfortunately. Both Equalizer films were also hit with “precuts” to achieve 15 ratings, and annoyingly we tend to just get the censored theatrical cut on Blu Ray too...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s annoying about them cutting for the 18 rating, bastards 

Some cool kills were the only redeeming part of the film for me, so that'll definitely hurt it.

Doesn’t open here til the 19th June so will report back and guess which kills it is 

it could just be the focus on injury. 

Texas Chainsaw 03 got the 18 for gooey blood under someone’s legs when they got lifted up

Edited by Krissykins

Shay's TOP TWO most hated sub-genres are, in no particular order:

1. Superheroes

2. Mindless gore & jumpscares

Guess what the chance is of seeing this. ;) Or New Mutants - but fortunately they destroyed that movie before seeing the light of day.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 2

Currently at 89/68% on the new RT audience score. I'm actually really interested to see how this new system pans out for them over the course of the season. And the site seems to be very quick and consistent with updating it so far. 

• Like 1

So I have time for a movie at the theatre right by me so I'm seeing this. Before I do though, for those who've seen it, is the violence as gratuitous as I've heard? I can deal with seeing blood and vicious kills on screen but is the gore insanely disgusting? Asking because if it is then I won't see it. I can't handle Saw-like gore. It takes away from the movie.

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

So I have time for a movie at the theatre right by me so I'm seeing this. Before I do though, for those who've seen it, is the violence as gratuitous as I've heard? I can deal with seeing blood and vicious kills on screen but is the gore insanely disgusting? Asking because if it is then I won't see it. I can't handle Saw-like gore. It takes away from the movie.

Nah, there's violence but it's not that disturbing other than 2 scenes.

Fifteen year old usher was watching the end of this before he cleaned it. Most innocent kid too, he never watches extremely violent or horror movies. Came out of this pale in the face

"that was disturbing" 

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Nah, there's violence but it's not that disturbing other than 2 scenes.

Thanks. Yeah I ended up seeing it and it had a few graphic scenes but that's it. It was just fine. The reviews seemed to really overstate the "gratuitous violence".

Actually a fun movie. It doesn't disappoint in terms of turning the superhero tropes upside down. 

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Fifteen year old usher was watching the end of this before he cleaned it. Most innocent kid too, he never watches extremely violent or horror movies. Came out of this pale in the face

"that was disturbing" 

There's "that one scene" in particular. Brutal. They did a good job in just having a few of those scenes so you still got the shock value and you don't feel like you're watching a full 2 hours or so of it either.

• Like 1