Rorschach

Y4 - The Academy Awards (Odyssey 3 takes gold with 9 awards including Best Picture, Fortnight in Silver with Ensemble and Actor, Spark 3 in Bronze with VFX and Cinematography nods)

Awards Predictions  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What film will win Best Picture?

• By The Balls
    • Can You Imagine?
    • Fortnight
    • The Odyssey: Homecoming
    • Spark: Beyond the Sky
  2. 2. What film will take home the most technical awards?

• Fortnight
    • Kingdom of the Sun
    • Mass Effect
    • The Odyssey: Homecoming
    • Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale
    • Resonance
    • Spark: Beyond the Sky

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Not gonna lie the "turn an internet meme into an intentionally awful movie" thing stopped being funny before Y4 was over.

i had more fun writing jonny jonny than any other film this year so i don't particularly care on the reception of the film if i have fun writing it sorrynotsorry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Not gonna lie the "turn an internet meme into an intentionally awful movie" thing stopped being funny before Y4 was over.

How Blank and Getti think their plans will go:

Spoiler

EayyIxr.gif

How they really turn out:

Spoiler

tumblr_nz0ytaupqh1re7y7wo10_250.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i had more fun writing jonny jonny than any other film this year so i don't particularly care on the reception of the film if i have fun writing it sorrynotsorry

Y'all are welcome to write 'em. If anything I'll just start pretending they don't exist.

Edited by Xillix
  • Knock It Off 1

These movies are kind of meant to be totally ridiculous, and honestly, in focusing on my higher priority projects, this is just a fun way to just say "fuck it all" and play just for fun. In a way, they're a chance to just completely relax and just make something super stupid that's more fun than just making a generic filler.

Obviously we're not making the Mona Lisa here, but I have to admit that I had a blast writing Jonny Jonny. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Ceremony will start in 5 minutes.

I'll be putting up the red band version of my trailer in the Magazine thread as soon as the green band one is posted.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

An

Alpha/Bastien/Blankments/Cookie/Electric/Ethan Hunt/Hiccup23/Numbers/Reddroast/Rorschach/Sears/Spaghetti/Xillix/YourMother

Production

(In the animation style of Can You Imagine?)

(0:00 - 0:13)

Kyle, Jennifer, and Ethan are watching their TV from their home, patiently waiting for the Oscars to start. They stare at nothing but a blank screen. Ethan complains that nothing is happening on the screen. Kyle and Jennifer tell him that the ceremony should start any second now. We pan outside the window to see Athena looking in on the family.

(0:14 - 0:38)

Athena sings the song while walking towards the edge of a cliff. At her final verse, she leaps off the building.

(0:39 - 1:03)

After a few seconds we see Earl, the fish from Can You Imagine?, emerges from the bottom of the screen flying into the sky. In a montage, we see him fly through different worlds. In space, we see the Voltron crew drifting through space. They see Fish flying through the cosmos.

(1:04 - 1:26)

The song switches over to Pidge. She and the rest of the Voltron crew (Shiro and Keith are both present too) give a nod to each other. Coran sets the ship to follow Fish. The two parties pass through different Space Opera universes such as Spark, Scavenger Wars, Mass Effect, and Treasure Planet (I know this film isn’t a space opera per say but Cassie and Marion from Bounty Hamster see them too). The characters from said universes look up at them in amazement.

(1:27 - 1:56)

Alex from Spark and Kira from The Scavenger Wars sing a duet as all the characters from the universes begin to follow Fish in different space crafts.

(1:58 - 2:39)

We get a glimpse of other fantastical cinematic universes as Fish makes several pit stops to pick up other characters: Pillars of Eternity, The Odyssey, Amulet, Pokemon, the Duckverse, One Piece, Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters, etc.

(2:40 - 3:29)

Athena takes back over the song. The final destination is at the restaurant Konstantinos where we see a plethora of CAYOM villains (Nicole, Thomas, Eurymachus, Antinous, Xevarre, Lotor, Zarkon, Haggar, Venchyllenhaal, Venchegerton, Magica, Glimgold, The King (CYI?), Yzma, Packar, Lord Raedric, Judge Frollo, Giovanni, Bruce the Shark from Jaws, Captain Ironbeard, Black Beetle, Bling Bling Boy, Pyramid Head, Gorganus, Drew’s Aunt, etc.) all chilling out and enjoying some Greek tacos. When they see Fish and the other heroes walk in a full-out brawl ensues, parodying the climax from Odyssey 3. Athena breaks up the fight, convincing everyone to put aside their differences and to come join her as they celebrate all of film with her at the Academy Awards. Everyone agrees and they are instantly transported to the theater where the ceremony is being held.

(3:30 - end)

Jump cut to Athena on stage as she sings the final few verses. When she finishes she takes her place in the audience. The camera pans away as the image we see is shown on a TV in front of the Anderson family who all wait in eager anticipation for the show to start.

The Y4 Academy Awards

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 7