AndyLL

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS*** Aquaman Spoilers ***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

Sweet jesus that was so briefly I legit missed it. I guess it was the only reference they couldn't cut.

Arthur actually became famous worldwide BECAUSE of his AQUAMAN appearance in Russia.

Why do people know him by Aquaman and wanna take selfies with him. Its because this movie immediately starts after the events of JL and everybody now know him as the metahuman Aquaman.

Its coz of JL that Manta knows him 

This was... fine? I mean, I didn’t dislike it.  

Pretty predictable and a lot of cliche moments, but it was just trying to be a straightforward fantasy epic and it pretty much succeeded. Didn’t care too much for Arthur or either main villain, but I liked Mera and the parent’s love story.      

Easily the 6th best SH movie of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

This was... fine? I mean, I didn’t dislike it.  

Pretty predictable and a lot of cliche moments, but it was just trying to be a straightforward fantasy epic and it pretty much succeeded. Didn’t care too much for Arthur or either main villain, but I liked Mera and the parent’s love story.      

Easily the 6th best SH movie of the year.

Only 6th best? AM is easily more fun to watch than both BP and IW for me

Mera and Vulko were the most interesting characters for me, and the movie would have been better if it had more focus on them. They should have put more detail in their lives and what they were risking by rebelling and reaching out to Arthur. It's all just explained in expository lines of dialogue basically.

• Like 2

I thought Heard and Momoa did a good job given the generic characterization their characters were given.  Still, I couldn’t bring myself to care about either of them, which was one of the bigger flaws of the movie for me.  I’m glad people are enjoying it so much, but eh, I can’t see it 

The movie definitely felt like a rebuke to all DC movie complaints so far.

Too dark? Everything is neon lighted and looks clear as day even underwater (Atlantis is downright stunning)

Green Lantern takes place mainly on Earth and we needed more Outer space action? Here's a movie taking place 80% underwater

Superman doesn't save anyone? Show Arthur specifically save people during their fights. And the one person he doesn't save, he doesn't kill either. It's more Batman and Ras Al Ghul from Batman Begins

Too much destruction in the final fight of MoS? Here's an underwater fight which ends with a one on one battle and no destruction

Wonder Woman 3rd act is weak? Here's a crazy as hell third act from the Trench all the way to the end

DC heroes don't smile and are too dark? Here's Jason F-ing Momoa

I watched it in ScreenX yesterday, the underwater scenes filled the entire auditorium. Will watch in IMAX next weekend. It's pretty much the definition of a big screen crowd pleaser. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The movie definitely felt like a rebuke to all DC movie complaints so far.

Too dark? Everything is neon lighted and looks clear as day even underwater (Atlantis is downright stunning)

Green Lantern takes place mainly on Earth and we needed more Outer space action? Here's a movie taking place 80% underwater

Superman doesn't save anyone? Show Arthur specifically save people during their fights. And the one person he doesn't save, he doesn't kill either. It's more Batman and Ras Al Ghul from Batman Begins

Too much destruction in the final fight of MoS? Here's an underwater fight which ends with a one on one battle and no destruction

Wonder Woman 3rd act is weak? Here's a crazy as hell third act from the Trench all the way to the end

DC heroes don't smile and are too dark? Here's Jason F-ing Momoa

I watched it in ScreenX yesterday, the underwater scenes filled the entire auditorium. Will watch in IMAX next weekend. It's pretty much the definition of a big screen crowd pleaser. 

Sometimes though soing a direct rebuke lile that can come can come across as hamfosted and cheesy. Like the “making sure every body was saved and on the transport” part in Age of Ultron 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Sometimes though soing a direct rebuke lile that can come can come across as hamfosted and cheesy. Like the “making sure every body was saved and on the transport” part in Age of Ultron 

That's the thing, they didn't overdo any of it. The saving people is very natural to the entire scene rather than stuffed in there. The final fight almost has a dialogue which implies "Lead the fight away from casualties" rather than outright mentioning it.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, bangbingchan said:

Skylar Gery performanceand ending title  is Great. I Love the Sigur Ros too.

Some songs are a bit wired choice 

But I Ready book the soundtrack

The Trench part is written by The conjuring composer.Very James Wan

5c1221c44197c.jpg

5c1221d56d6fa.jpg

Haven't seen the movie yet and I can't imagine Sæglópur fitting anywhere in it at all.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I'll add to this by saying I really appreciated that they addressed that Arthur fucked up by not saving Manta's father at the beginning. He realized he was a bit of a dick for not saving him, but he also knew he fucked up by creating a dangerous enemy that could come after him and those around him. The Aquaman/Manta feud is going to be fun to watch unfold.