AndyLL

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS*** Aquaman Spoilers ***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

It was cut. Orm paid Manta's father with Atlantean gold to steal the submarine and set up the attack. Manta actually didn't want to go on the mission. A couple of Manta's lines were cut.

Cut lines do not get credit for narrative coherence in the final film. 

But OK...if we were to go with that...how and why did Orm hook up with Manta's Daddy?  Let's take this rabbit hole further...

More importantly, why, in a movie featuring a lead character who doesn't seem to take hero-dom seriously, why can he kiss Mera in the middle of the most epic battle that Atlantis has ever seen, and let alone not get hit by debris...but not acknowledge the ludicrousness of the moment in character?  They couldn't even do that!

And what the sam hill was the Sicily romantic comedy interlude about?  🤣

Every single scene reminded me of scenes from other, better movies. 

And my Queen Nicole doesn't look a day older when she returns to Aquadaddy at the end, though he looks 30 years older...  LUCKY dude...is he reincarnated Abin Sur?  (Get it?)

And by the way...wouldn't Queen Nicole be just a little bit frazzled/off her rocker after spending nearly 30 years isolated at the center of the Earth with nothing but dinosaurs and death-eaters surrounding her?  She acts like, "Oh, Aquason is here!  How lovely!"

I love Nicole...but this movie is some whacky shit. 

It desperately needed some REAL QUEEN.  Like, FLASH GORDON-esque QUEEN when Aquabro is sailing on top of the starfish!

I respect all of your opinions and fun that you seem to love in this movie...but I can't get on board the Aquamomoa train...     Still...it was slightly better than Justice League. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Cut lines do not get credit for narrative coherence in the final film. 

But OK...if we were to go with that...how and why did Orm hook up with Manta's Daddy?  Let's take this rabbit hole further...

More importantly, why, in a movie featuring a lead character who doesn't seem to take hero-dom seriously, why can he kiss Mera in the middle of the most epic battle that Atlantis has ever seen, and let alone not get hit by debris...but not acknowledge the ludicrousness of the moment in character?  They couldn't even do that!

And what the sam hill was the Sicily romantic comedy interlude about?  🤣

Every single scene reminded me of scenes from other, better movies. 

And my Queen Nicole doesn't look a day older when she returns to Aquadaddy at the end, though he looks 30 years older...  LUCKY dude...is he reincarnated Abin Sur?  (Get it?)

And by the way...wouldn't Queen Nicole be just a little bit frazzled/off her rocker after spending nearly 30 years isolated at the center of the Earth with nothing but dinosaurs and death-eaters surrounding her?  She acts like, "Oh, Aquason is here!  How lovely!"

I love Nicole...but this movie is some whacky shit. 

It desperately needed some REAL QUEEN.  Like, FLASH GORDON-esque QUEEN when Aquabro is sailing on top of the starfish!

I respect all of your opinions and fun that you seem to love in this movie...but I can't get on board the Aquamomoa train...     Still...it was slightly better than Justice League. 

You are overthinking it. Overthinking about any SH movie at all will make your head explode

Really wanted to love Aquaman, but it's a bloated, campy mess. Momoa is game and the effects are pretty amazing, but the script is all over the place. The dialogue is straight out of the "Batman & Robin" handbook, packed with cringy misfires. I sat in a packed theater last night and it was silent as a tomb throughout, except for one well-timed pee joke. DC went way too dark/serious in MOS, BvS, and JL; now it's boomeranged too far in the other direction, opting for "Superfriends"-level of good/bad guys and weightless threats against our hero. I had high hopes for this one, but it seems it's time to put the DCEU to pasture and start over.

I'll be watching the legs on this one carefully, as I'll be shocked if it doesn't drop like a stone over the coming weeks. Maybe the holidays will save it, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

Yeah but there's no explanation about how these two dudes met up in the first place...

That story will be told in the prequel, after Disney buys DC.

In all seriousness, though, do you REALLY need to know how Orm and Daddy Manta met? There's a lot wrong in terms of the story and there's little that makes sense (the first thing they should have done was sit down and plot a timeline, so that it all feels cohesive, rather than making the Fall of Atlantis appear to be millions of years ago and, at the same time, only a thousand years ago), but it's made clear that the submarine heist is done as a job for Orm. How he advertised the job on Craigslist is of little consequence.

9 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Manta supplied the submarine that Orm used in the false flag attack on his meeting with Mera's dad.

I see. That's what I thought, that Orm set up the attack to convince King Dolph, etc to support his war campaign. 

@Heat Vision Thanks for explaining the cut scenes. 

I loved the Mantas! The more I think of the movie, the more I appreciate that they did so much with so little. The Manta family. The Aqua family. Just great little scenes.

OK, it it me or Manta legacy knife has the trident symbol? 

Edited by Valonqar

7 hours ago, Macleod said:

To be fair I think that has more to do with what Nicole Kidman has unfortunately done to her face. 

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I see. That's what I thought, that Orm set up the attack to convince King Dolph, etc to support his war campaign. 

@Heat Vision Thanks for explaining the cut scenes. 

I loved the Mantas! The more I think of the movie, the more I appreciate that they did so much with so little. The Manta family. The Aqua family. Just great little scenes.

OK, it it me or Manta legacy knife has the trident symbol? 

no that's manta symbol......lol...manta image...

On 12/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, Krissykins said:

Also, was anyone else relieved that Jason only yelled “yeeehawwwoooooo” once

Thank you James Wan lol 

Now that America is finally starting to see Aquaman, anyone else grateful there was only one scream from Jason? 

😂

@Macleod Aquakiss was great! C'mon, the whole premise of the movie is silly so it fit right there and also lets not forget that Aquaman controlled the seas at that point so debris wouldn't hit them during Aquakiss cause he controlled everything. It's a movie where the king arrives riding on a Kraken and then sending giant sharks to eat aquaships. Aquakiss fits in perfectly. 

@boyamama Oh thank you! It was so fast so I mixed up the images. 

Edited by Valonqar

6 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Are Aquaqueen, Mera and Dafoe character (forgot the name) demi-humans to be able to breath on earth soil?

They have royal blood so they can breathe above water

@Valonqar Do you guys just put the word “aqua” in front of everything?

Edited by Rocinante
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Aquaman controlled the seas at that point so debris wouldn't hit them during Aquakiss cause he controlled everything.

Its typical for a surface dweller like Mace to have ignorant eyes and overlook the scale of the vast sea battle that the deep is used to.

Not surprised as the surface dweller arent born and bred underwater to have that enhanced vision to soak in the near endless scale of the 7 seas.

lpjSAiQ.jpg 

udhemkz.jpg