sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yes, but that would have required taking continents country by country:)...that becomes a long, boring post:)...the point was just those countries who have no Christian audience are almost certain to reject the film...the same goes for those countries who don't really do the "secular" Christmas thing and who don't know this book...aka, the audience was always gonna be limited in parts WW...and the studio knew that going in and planned accordingly...

...might be only be of interest for English speaking Christian countries?

.... for countries with deep roots in the English speaking Christian culture? (Does the UK even have the Grinch as a culture... character?)

I assume the Grinch is typical for the US/UK/Éire/AUS/CAN only, if at all outside the US

Only as an idea,... 😉 = it might show even more the possible limitations of interest into the movie outside the US, and...????

Not 'perfect' formulated, as my English is mainly self-trained

Edited by terrestrial

On a Spidey point, look for a slightly smaller Saturday than you might normally expect...a, if it's drawing "fan" vs "fam", you can't expect the huge pop you'd normally get for an animated...and b. Aquaman sneaks are tonight, taking multiple prime 7pm screens that might have been extras tossed to Spidey, and taking supers fans (since they are the base excited enough to go early!)  The sneaks aren't at every theater, but they are at enough:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

On a Spidey point, look for a slightly smaller Saturday than you might normally expect...a, if it's drawing "fan" vs "fam", you can't expect the huge pop you'd normally get for an animated...and b. Aquaman sneaks are tonight, taking multiple prime 7pm screens that might have been extras tossed to Spidey, and taking supers fans (since they are the base excited enough to go early!)  The sneaks aren't at every theater, but they are at enough:)...

True but I expect slightly stronger matinees since it is Saturday, and kids don’t have school and even though opening day was somewhat frontloaded, the families who are interested will likely check it out.

• Like 1

Yeah Ralph undeprerformed bigtime to its actual potential. A combination of too much competition and the fact that it actually isn’t as appealing. Moana actually had the songs that carried it to great longevity despite Sing’s massive competition.

36 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Ralph has underperformed big time IMO. I liked the original and coupled with Internet & Disney stuff, I was hoping for $250mn plus North America but right now $200mn seems like struggle.

In fact, being about 70% of The Grinch in daily numbers, will go lower further, is embarrassing.

The fact of it is taking number 1 spot after 30 days of release was just amazing, we could witness mini-frozen legs soon

So will WB fudge ASIB or let it play out to get to $200m?

The Mule looks like it’ll be another hit for Clint Eastwood,it’s a testament to his relationship with Warner Bros that they let him make whatever he wants even he has the odd flop like The 1517 to Paris.

• Like 1