sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

The truth that it was visually off-putting which angered everybody in the thread it seems.

How dared I touched their precious groundbreaking little Spider Verse movie.

How blasphemous of me.

Silly me for having a different opinion than the Herd.

Next time I ll blindfully follow the pack.

But if it didn’t break out huge then loving this movie isn’t really part of the herd mentality, now is it?

But seriously, there’s a difference between baiting, poisoning the well, and “being a truth teller” - be cognisent of it, or you’ll get thread banned here too.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, B D Joe said:

Did the princesses even help Wreck-It Ralph domestically? It's barely going to increase over the first.

Wreck-it-Ralph's grosses are disappointing. No doubt about it. I think it looking too similar to the Emoji movie hurt it.

28 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't know what that means. You know something about someone I like getting some new project at Netflix that wasn't announced yet? Is it JLo? Whoopi?

I’d say she’s pretty iconic to people who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. At least domestically, not sure about internationally. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I’d say she’s pretty iconic to people who grew up in the 90s and early 2000s. At least domestically, not sure about internationally.

o. K. first I thought maybe Michelle Pfeiffer, Linda Hamilton, Meg Ryan, Whoopi Goldberg, Geena Davis, or ....

But that sounds like it's about someone who is probably way younger

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

How do you block someone on here?  I've done it before, but can't figure it out this time.  Thanks,

Hover over the user's name, there in the middle is 'ignore' user.

You can decide it you want to ignore content, or e.g. only the signature (does not work with mod*s signatures) or mails ...

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Is Tiffani Amber Thiessen leaving Food Network?  Are Shannon Doherty or Jenni Garth making their comebacks?  How about Josie Bisett or Courtney Thorne Smith?  (I'd say Calista Flockhart but she did have the big Supergirl role recently:)...These are iconic character actresses to those who grew up in the 90s:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Hover over the user's name, there in the middle is 'ignore' user.

You can decide it you want to ignore content, or e.g. only the signature (does not work with mod*s signatures) or mails ...

Appreciate it, thanks.  Was trying on phone initially and couldn't find it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Is Tiffani Amber Thiessen leaving Food Network?  Are Shannon Doherty or Jenni Garth making their comebacks?  How about Josie Bisett or Courtney Thorne Smith?  (I'd say Calista Flockhart but she did have the big Supergirl role recently:)...These are iconic character actresses to those who grew up in the 90s:)...

You're closer than you think. 

edit: but also, this actress was growing up in the 90s too. 

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The truth that it was visually off-putting which angered everybody in the thread it seems.

How dared I touched their precious groundbreaking little Spider Verse movie.

How blasphemous of me.

Silly me for having a different opinion than the Herd.

Next time I ll blindfully follow the pack.

I imagine you do not believe that (or you are at that point delusional), it was the going on and on that people that had seen the movie and said to have liked it where only being influenced into it, mistaking different with good.

Yourself after seeing it even too it was good and make that long rambling even more ridiculous.

Nothing about disliking or not an aesthetic proposition (obviously if you have said it more than one time, it can play a role....).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1