sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

22 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I still think Spielberg ghost directed Cast Away.

I'm half kidding, but only half.

I am a bit curious on the half-serious reasons.

Zemeckis is a giant name in the industry and appear in the making off/behind the scene material on locations.

Because Spielberg didn't film anything between 98-2000 while being usually really productive ?

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You once told me IMDB isn't reliable Tele.

In general IMDB is a bit of a wikipedia an unreliable.

But for the writing credits it is directly the WGA and only them that can touch it I think, they reflect that actual and are updated has the actual movie credit, that section would be.

The trivia section, budget, numbers, release info, etc... those will be fill by mistake/not sources stuff.

• Thanks 1

I already wondered over the day how long it will last ;).
But The Mule is doing very well at Pulse and RT (#1 Spider-Man 24.1%, #2 The Mule 19.3%, ME back to 3.6% at the moment). Normally a rising in these hours indicates that the Friday number goes up.
And I hope that Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse with great WOM also gets closer to the 40M mark.

Edited by el sid
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, el sid said:

I already wondered over the day how long it will last ;).
But The Mule is doing very well at Pulse and RT (#1 Spider-Man 24.1%, #2 The Mule 19.3%, ME back to 3.6% at the moment). Normally a rising in these hours indicates that the Friday number goes up.
And I hope that Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse with great WOM also gets closer to the 40M mark.

:hahaha:

I'm not worried about Spidey. Deadline always under-predicts Friday. 40M is the floor.

The Mule seems like a good counter-programming. 

Edited by Valonqar

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Also of significance from Deadline’s article Annapurna has Barry Jenkins’ If Beale Street Could Talk at four NY and LA sites. Pic’s Friday to date including last night’s previews is up to $62K, and growing.

Expected, that kind of movie always has huge PTA in few theaters and it's Fizzle City from there. Arty slogs never expend really well beyond certain limited number of theaters. But it only needs to post big PTA from few during the holiday season to keep awards buzz hot. after that, who cares once nominations are out. it was never competing for wins anyway save King.

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Expected, that kind of movie always has huge PTA in few theaters and it's Fizzle City from there. Arty slogs never expend really well beyond certain limited number of theaters. But it only needs to post big PTA from few during the holiday season to keep awards buzz hot. after that, who cares once nominations are out. it was never competing for wins anyway save King.

The movie only cost $12M to make so it’s not like it needs to be some big grosser to make a profit.

Just now, filmlover said:

The movie only cost $12M to make so it’s not like it needs to be some big grosser to make a profit.

it needs 30M to break even. It's doable. Like I said, it's made for awards so it only needs to appear successful before nominations. 

40 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it needs 30M to break even. It's doable. Like I said, it's made for awards so it only needs to appear successful before nominations. 

If it can make atleast as much as moonlight did that would be a win considering there isn’t nearly as much BP buzz.