That One Girl

Ammonite | November 13, 2020 | Kate Winslet/Saoirse Ronan period lesbian romance

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This honestly feels like a film IFC would release and would not be in the awards conversation at all.

The only reason this movie is in awards consideration is because of the cast. The film itself will be a boring slow paced gay romance with strong acting and showy cinematography like Lee’s previous film. Which is definitely something that wouldn’t attract the academy’s attention. Critic circles would give it more love tho.

im taking it off my best picture predictions for now (even with a weak year I bet it’ll miss, even Carol couldn’t get a BP nom) but I’ll keep it in for acting/cinematography, until I see it at least. 

19 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don't think you know what boring means 

English isn’t my first language but from what I’ve seen in film discussions online. Boring is a description people use to describe movies that are slow paced. like Roma/2001/BR2049/Leave No Trace/Portrait/Ad Astra/Let the right one in and basically any film that tries to be “artsy” in terms of pacing.

Edited by RealLyre

24 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

English isn’t my first language but from what I’ve seen in film discussions online. Boring is a description people use to describe movies that are slow paced. like Roma/2001/BR2049/Leave No Trace/Portrait/Ad Astra/Let the right one in and basically any film that tries to be “artsy” in terms of pacing.

i mean, boring implies bad i would say. lol 

boring straight up means not interesting. A lot of those movies are not boring (in my personal opinion of course)

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is a great movie so I'll take a  version 2.0 any day of the week. The issue is that it doesn't look anything like that except for the beach walking part. Portrait's first trailer was very intense and cinematic. This looks drab in comparison.

• Like 1