That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

RT Audience scores,

ITSV 95%

AQM 87%

BB 82%

MP 71%

I've noticed that AQM score comes from 16K ratings while other movies are rated by only 5K (ITSV) and 2K (BB and MP). Does that mean something?

Likewise, IMDB already has 40K ratings for AQM but 29K for ITSV, 4K for BB and 1K for MPR. 

Maybe Chinese audience is fueling the number of AQM clicks? :thinking:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I've noticed that AQM score comes from 16K ratings while other movies are rated by only 5K (ITSV) and 2K (BB and MP). Does that mean something?

Likewise, IMDB already has 40K ratings for AQM but 29K for ITSV, 4K for BB and 1K for MPR. 

Chinese audience use their own sites, Maoyan being the most important for bo purposes. In North America itself the bigger gross and audience of AQM (13.7) and the demographic it's attracting might be the reason for more people voting on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

Chinese audience use their own sites, Maoyan being the most important for bo purposes. In North America itself the bigger gross and audience of AQM (13.7) and the demographic it's attracting might be the reason for more people voting on it.

I see. thanks. :)

• Like 1

Aquaman is a comic film. All of them get user review sandbagged because of fanboy wars. 

As an example, Justice League has 126k user reviews. Jumanji has 37k. Jumanji had nearly double the domestic box office. 

Edited by kswiston

Justice league had 13m previews did 7.2x that over the ow. Calendar config was different but that multiplier gives JL 65 FSS + 4.7 pre-previews = 70 by Sunday. That AQM burnt off 4.7 before Thu should give it a better previews to ow multiplier imo, apart from being a Dec release. That should help counter the perpetually increasing front-loading. Wom also seems better.

70+ FSS and 75 by Sunday seems doable.

------

Was just looking at Jumanji and TGS's 5-day multipliers to gauge MPR's dom.

Removing the pre-previews (1.9m), Jumanji did 7.9x it's 50.9m 5-day.

TGS did 13.0x it's 13.4 5-day.

Still think 200+ dom is possible for MPR with 30-32 5-day and 6-7x that for 180-225 total.

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Chinese don't use those websites.China has own website or APP.Douban has nearly 300k ratings,Maoyan has 657k ratings,Taopiaopiao has 1.47M ratings.Those ratings are most from OS-China or domestic.OS-C Already pass 100M this week.There are a large amount ratings in two weeks.

Edited by SliverS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Greatest Showman dropped 12% on its second day last year so I don’t know why people are pressing panic buttons for Mary Poppins’ 17% drop. Of course, it’s probably asking too much for some to show some patience. 

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Aquaman simply drew more interest. Aquaman had around 15k want to see before it opened, while the rest were at around 2-3k

• Like 1