That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it seems to me that some trades literally exist to talk about legs for movies that are clearly underperforming. But but legs. Don't worry about shitty opening, but but legs. Yeah, lets see how that works for 10+ movies that are supposed to save themselves with legs. Sorry but it's irritating. It's clear that studios are not happy with results and are pushing for legs damage control that may not be as long as they think. 

Trade people got burned with Christmas legs in the past.

That Avatar/Greatest Showman is flopping message you wrote follow you forever, the maybe it will legs it's way out does not if it does not happen and humans are much more afraid to loose than they are happy to win.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it seems to me that some trades literally exist to talk about legs for movies that are clearly underperforming. But but legs. Don't worry about shitty opening, but but legs. Yeah, lets see how that works for 10+ movies that are supposed to save themselves with legs. Sorry but it's irritating. It's clear that studios are not happy with results and are pushing for legs damage control that may not be as long as they think. 

Thank you!! I’m tired of the revisionist history when literally Monday the Numbers they were talking about were much different. Say it like it is Mary Poppins is UNDERPERFORMING. To go from a $50M tracking for the 5 days to a $30M one is an underperformance no ifs or buts.

Edited by Manny G

6 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Thank you!! I’m tired of the revisionist history when literally Monday the Numbers they were talking about were much different. Say it like it is Mary Poppins is UNDERPERFORMING. To go from a $50M tracking for the 5 days to a $30M one is an underperformance no ifs or buts.

Indeed.

@Barnack that's a good explanation. they are hedging their bets but still looking sketchy cause as said in the quote above, they literally went from 50M to 30M-but-but-looong-legs projections.

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Would love to be an active part of the thread this weekend but packing and family travel beckon. Will check in as I can. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season.

And to you as well! Safe travels!

While I'm still in wait and see mode for MP2, I haven't had a potential miss this big since Baywatch last year...I thought $250M DOM would be a shoo-in, but now it's gonna have to work and rally to get there...oh well, gives me lots more reasons to watch box office all break!