That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

I feel like 2014 was when the internet as a whole was first going down the toilet and it took about two years for BOT for catch up.

2016 was definitly when everything went to shit at BOT. The week leading up to the BvS release was insane. After 2016, 2017 pretty much killed the forum. I assume 2018 continued the downward trajectory started in 2016. I will probably post even less during 2019. All of that combined with my work and other stuff that happened during 2018 in my life pretty much seals the deal of me barely coming here.

(Just realized  @Christmas baumer  pretty much disappeared as well :( )

Edited by CJohn

Just now, CJohn said:

2016 was definitly when everything went to shit at BOT. The week leading up to the BvS release was insane. After 2016, 2017 pretty much killed the forum. I assume 2018 continued the downward trajectory started in 2016. I will probably post even less during 2019.

BOT couldn’t recover from the peak of CJohn’s BvS review

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

2016 was definitly when everything went to shit at BOT. The week leading up to the BvS release was insane. After 2016, 2017 pretty much killed the forum. I assume 2018 continued the downward trajectory started in 2016. I will probably post even less during 2019.

Detective Pikachu's 300M OW will bring everyone back. Just wait.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Detective Pikachu's 300M OW will bring everyone back. Just wait.

People will already be here after the Endgame 300M OW. They will just stick around for the Pika Pika domination.

For me it's been mainly a lack of movies I've been genuinely excited for since last summer. Whatever I have been interested in generally hasn't had enough support elsewhere to stimulate an interesting conversation about. All that's been left are a bunch of people mindlessly promoting whatever they're stanning for and arguing with anyone who expresses otherwise. There's not a whole lot to be gained from venturing into any tentpole thread now until the reviews are out.

I'm hoping 2019 will bring a bit of that spark back. Seems like it might be of a bit more interest to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Then Lionsgate will get their biggest movie since Mockingjay :Venom:

It has been 84 years...

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That review needs to be erased from history.

Just now, MrPink said:

9.5/10

The only thing I didn't like was the stupid Lordmandeep cameo telling everyone. "Rian Johnson ruined the Star Wars series lol." C'mon man. It was wearing a very weird font and at first I thought it was The Futurist lol. I am also pretty sure the dream sequences were made by other posters and not some random event. 

Otherwise it was legit awesome. The posts were actually very simple and easy to follow. aabattery was great. MrPink has the best entrance ever for a poster. Troll CJohn breathes life into this thread. He is very, very good. The battle between the leads is quite cool. The final moments of Telemachos are the stuff of legends. I cried. Fantastic. Perfect moment. 

Also liked WrathOfHan, CoolioD1 and MrGamer cameos from the CJohn files. MrGamer looks like fucking Roman Reigns lmao. 

The users seemed into it a lot. Likes were being handed out when aabattery gave Telemachos and the first punch and when MrPink showed up. Laughs at the right moments as well (Troll CJohn gets a few, and there is a legit hilarious moment involving MrPink that got the biggest likes from the users).

This thread was what my dreams were all about. I loved it and can't wait to read it again.

Critics can suck my dick for all I care. 

All Hail GOD WATER BOTTLE.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

2016 was definitly when everything went to shit at BOT. The week leading up to the BvS release was insane. After 2016, 2017 pretty much killed the forum. I assume 2018 continued the downward trajectory started in 2016. I will probably post even less during 2019. All of that combined with my work and other stuff that happened during 2018 in my life pretty much seals the deal of me barely coming here.

nshIP45.jpg

• Haha 5

Next December should be interesting. Star Wars 9 is going to fall hard!! Mark my words. The Last Jedi fell 700M from The Force Awakens so I wouldn't be surprised if EP 9 doesn't reach the billion dollar mark world wide this time. China won't save it,  they loathe Star Wars... 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1