That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think all the best people here are the people who just like movies in general. in fact the majority of the people who watch movies don't think about this franchise wars nonsense. the worst posters are the ones who can't separate anyone's opinion on movies from some kind of fanboy mentality. and they'll throw around words like hater and bias because that's the only way they can interpret someone not liking what they like. it's always "you're not on my team so you must be on this other team" which is a dumb binary way of thinking. not everyone is out here treating movies and franchises like goddamn sports teams.

giphy.gif

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 4

Yup - pretty much spot on with the reasons a lot of us who had been around a long time haven't been. I told Baumer earlier in the year that this place was just mentally stressing me out - and for what was supposed to be (and for more than a decade had been) a hobby and enjoyment that isn't good. Stepping away from here and overall from box-office / movies in general has been healthy. But it also has led me to have much less patience with this place than I did before.

Thanks for the last 10+ pages, reminds me of the good ole days.

• Like 7

My laptop’s in the shop, so I’m on my phone, so I can’t do any long-winded essay. But I definitely agree with all of what people here are saying about how BOT is nowadays. Even this thread has people angry and whiny over people not praising Aquaman, and “Disney bias” (as the Poppins over 400M guy, I never said it would crush Aquabrah).

Next year seems destined to be an utter nightmare. The only big weekend threads that probably won’t be obnoxious  are Glass, Wick, MIB, and...Hobbs and Shaw?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

^^ Of all the clapping gifs to choose..... 😬

Chosen on purpose regarding the binary thinking applied to other subject matters than movies or sports.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I think like discussing different takes is interesting and fun depending on where it's coming from, I just think a lot of times online it becomes "Your opinion is wrong" rather then "This is my take on it, what's yours". I'm guilty of this myself.

Though to elaborate I think an issue is when something has such a strong emotional attachment to you ((Maybe it helped you during a bad time like a lot of stuff has for me, or deeply connected with you in some way)) it's hard to separate that from discussing it and in turn people lash out without explaining really why it's more then just a movie ((Or other media piece)).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

My laptop’s in the shop, so I’m on my phone, so I can’t do any long-winded essay. But I definitely agree with all of what people here are saying about how BOT is nowadays. Even this thread has people angry and whiny over people not praising Aquaman, and “Disney bias” (as the Poppins over 400M guy, I never said it would crush Aquabrah).

Next year seems destined to be an utter nightmare. The only big weekend threads that probably won’t be obnoxious  are Glass, Wick, MIB, and...Hobbs and Shaw?

I'm sure MIB's opening weekend will be trash here, already seen several less desirable reactions across the internet