That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

Why people feel the need to tear down others POV about a movie (or franchise) to certify their own POV about a movie instead of finding their own words for why the movie they like is good or doing good without tearing down others, is what I do not understand.

Why they need to step down to the deepest levels per e.g. character assassination see professional critics are paid and worse, that is what disgust me so much I do not want to revisit certain threads beside me actually being interested into the movies they feel the need to elevate with such methods.

Insecurity? Immaturity? Inexperience?

I have to remind me some are new to BO details and calculation models / rules and some might be under-age, but it feels like there are too many that do not have any excuse like that (as far as any of those reasons are even an excuse, in my POV they are not)

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Why people feel the need to tear down others POV about a movie (or franchise) to certify their own POV about a movie instead of finding their own words for why the movie they like is good or doing good without tearing down others, is what I do not understand.

Why they need to step down to the deepest levels per e.g. character assassination see professional critics are paid and worse, that is what disgust me so much I do not want to revisit certain threads beside me actually being interested into the movies they feel the need to elevate with such methods.

Insecurity? Immaturity? Inexperience?

I have to remind me some are new to BO details and calculation models / rules and some might be under-age, but it feels like there are too many that do not have any excuse like that (as far as any of those reasons are even an excuse, in my POV they are not)

We could all just calm down at times

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think it’s definitely up for debate as to whether or not FB2 will be profitable in its box office run considering how much WB has spent outside of just budget costs on the franchise with those films before and OS shares they get in profit being a lot smaller than DOM.

Not sure how much it is, even with a very low 125M world P&A and an extremlly optimistic 55, 47, 25 retention rate

And an optimistic finish of 166m dbo, 440m, 57m China

166*0.55 + 440*.47+ 57*.25= 312.35m

Without considering the Rowling and Heyman probable first dollar gross point or Overhead and you are in the red.

Has for the much smaller OS shares for a product like Potter, I don't know the leaked WB showed yes a much smaller retention rate but still a really good one, 46%.

It is a property popular in higher return place like Japan-Germany-south korea that can ask for a lot.

P.S. No one using that expression of profitable in its box office run ever explaned exactly what they meant or what was the point of it.

Edited by Barnack

Good morning. going through last pages, everything minus MPR hit their tracking but didn't exceed so people are in state of panic. while MPR continues to perform below tracking. Nobody's panicking cause legs are just around the corner, I can feel it, I can feel it. is that the summary of Saturday numbers? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

We could all just calm down at times

:D

I do that by avoiding those threads for a while or longer, depending which one or how bad.

And by stepping away a bit from BOT again and following my other interests.

Like.... I got parcel 1 out of 2 for my new (bought used, they a decades old) shop machines :excited: and will use the holidays to start build the next work bench (combi thing for 4 shop tool machines) or I'll build a special kind of feed in with measurement / stops... thing for a big miter saw. Coin throw, or whatever the term is, might decide which one I'll start with = I am already in a principle over average good mood for weeks (I tend to be in a good mood in general, as long as all are healthy here...), it's more about not to 'allow' to lessen the high good feelings while I was and am waiting for some parts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

:D

I do that by avoiding those threads for a while or longer, depending which one or how bad.

And by stepping away a bit from BOT again and following my other interests.

Like.... I got parcel 1 out of 2 for my new (bought used, they a decades old) shop machines :excited: and will use the holidays to start build the next work bench (combi thing for 4 shop tool machines) or I'll build a special kind of feed in with measurement / stops... thing for a big miter saw. Coin throw, or whatever the term is, might decide which one I'll start with = I am already in a principle over average good mood for weeks (I tend to be in a good mood in general, as long as all are healthy here...), it's more about not to 'allow' to lessen the high good feelings while I was and am waiting for some parts.

I know exactly what you mean. I don't eat chocolate for the small releases of endorphins then every so often that desert is so much tastier.  Also I punish myself by following studio-first films so that when films with tegrity' come out it's that much sweeter.

Edited by IronJimbo

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

lmao, what happened in the last couple of pages? Did y’all just want to provide examples of what so many of us were talking about yesterday?

Some people sleep to other times than you all do or did some work, or..., come back and read through ... lets say 40 pages weekend thread and so on And continue the conversation for themselves with what moved them. Or not 😉

edit:

(I sit here digesting the too big midday meal)

Edited by terrestrial

Spider-verse hold doesn't look great given that critical acclaimed status, award buzz and A+ cinemascore.

I really like Spider-verse, it is my best 2018 film but somehow the animation style shut away many general audience that feel more comfortable to CG-style.

The greatest legs that MPR can get won't get it near $200 million.The hype was maxed out a week before its release. WOM just won't be strong enough to give it powerful legs and the audience just isn't there. It's a very narrow-ranged hit. I should have stuck with my original (a year ago) prediction of around $170-$190 million. I see $170 million being the most it can make domestically. There isn't going to be any "oh you have to see this" going around for MPR. Not at all.

35 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Mojo posted the wrong Friday estimate. It was actually 2.76 mil, so 37.6% jump

Yeah, I saw that $4M number yesterday and thought “that seems like an unusually great hold in relation to everything else.”

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Spider-verse hold doesn't look great given that critical acclaimed status, award buzz and A+ cinemascore.

I really like Spider-verse, it is my best 2018 film but somehow the animation style shut away many general audience that feel more comfortable to CG-style.

Who would have thought the peculiar visual style of Spidey-verse would put off GA I can only wonder ...

Edited by The Futurist