That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

lmao, what happened in the last couple of pages? Did y’all just want to provide examples of what so many of us were talking about yesterday?

I'd like this post 1000%...but it's Christmas and BOT was too good last night to leave me any likes left:)...damn you, BOT limits:)...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Good to see some updates, I was wondering if we would get anything before Wednesday. Deadline wrote their final report yesterday afternoon. For all we know, Mary Poppins could have already started her TGS-style comeback.

We’ll be getting estimates but not concrete numbers until the day after New Years (which is always the case).

44 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Who would have thought the peculiar visual style of Spidey-verse would put off GA I can only wonder ...

Almost everyone, no animated movie with a non Dreamwork-Pixar 90s style worked in a very long time with the GA, does not need to that peculiar, anything 2D or Kubo and the 2 strings is enough to not interest people.

You can make something has strange has Sausage Party, give it that classic 3D computer look and people will be open to it,

Edited by Barnack

18 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Creed2 only $1M from the first one, it is always great when a sequel doesn't decline.

it's a franchise that has steady audience but doesn't grow outside of what it built with the first movie or even Rocky movies. It should be fine if they continues to keep a reasonable budget. it's a boxing drama so it should never be too expensive.

Meh at that Aquaman number, though I'm sure legs will be good going by reactions on here. 

I was, like many others, totally wrong about MRP. I can't remember the last big movie whose hype was such a given only for it to stumble right out of the gate.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Can we all agree that marry is flopping and possesses no Jumanji or TGS potential? 

Please relocate the screen to other holdovers out there

Creed 2 and Bohemian or green book, they plummeted not because of poor word-of-mouth but terrible lose the screen to some underperforming supposed big flick

• Like 1

Not going to make fun of anyone because I sorta want to see the film myself at some point, but why did so many here think that Mary Poppins was going to be a monster? I mean the only big musical to hit it big lately was Beauty and the Beast, but that was because it was a remake of the Disney movie.

I mean,, I expected it to do fine, but not some mammoth 100 million + OW monster.

Also, despite Aquaman being a massive juggernaut, it only has 9 showtimes at my theater. They could have removed those Mortal Engines showtimes for more.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1