That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like Mortal Engines flopping as hard as it is while still maintaining so many theaters due to the two week contract extending to Christmas answers the question for those who ask why they always overstuff the last few weeks of December. It means theaters can hold on to your megaflops through the new year even if they are playing to mostly empty auditoriums.

tbf if Mortal Engines was placed in, let's say, August, it wouldn't be dropping almost 80%. It dropped this much because of how many other movies came out.

47 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Considering three major releases that compose direct competition, the drop isn’t too bad, especially since everything was hit badly. Most people were predicting a drop around 50% anyway.

It won’t be a huge sweeping hit, but it’s easily going to be one of the biggest critical hits of the year as well as one of the biggest SPA films to date.

Not to mention it had the second best drop of any SH film this year.

Actually it’s drop might be behind only behind Wonder Woman and Black Panther over the last two years

Edited by DAR

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

tbf if Mortal Engines was placed in, let's say, August, it wouldn't be dropping almost 80%. It dropped this much because of how many other movies came out.

Idk Girl in the Spider's Web dropped 70% on his 2nd weekend in November against... Fantastic Beasts?

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm in Destin the next few days with family. Any idea what we can do for fun in the area?

24 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Not sure on MPR's budget but at least dom its still slightly ahead of Bumblebee, which had a budget of 135mil.

MPR and Bumblebee have almost the same budget (if you believe the released numbers)...both are between $130M-$137M (MPR on the low end and Bumblebee on the high end)...so, it will be a race to see who can get to the "profitable in theaters" number...

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

MPR and Bumblebee have almost the same budget (if you believe the released numbers)...both are between $130M-$137M (MPR on the low end and Bumblebee on the high end)...so, it will be a race to see who can get to the "profitable in theaters" number...

Bumblebee already got $70M guaranteed from their China distributor.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

According to Wikipedia: In the motion picture industry, a "box-office bomb" or "box-office flop" is a film that is considered highly unsuccessful or unprofitable during its theatrical run.

So, Mary Poppins hasn't flopped yet.

You must be new. People here are lunatics who scream flop at the slightest underperformance. 😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I seem to recall a DC movie last year that was pretty well liked 

It's the new norm that I've seen not only here but even in critic reactions.

From now on every DC movie that does well is the one that DC finally got right and saved the franchise.

From now on every DC movie that fails to meet expectations is because they've never released a good movie and they should stop trying and just sell the rights back to Marvel.

I look forward to watching it continue with morbid fascination.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

39 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The problem is less the person you quoted. It's people like see beneath who provokes an OT answer per pinging someone in the weekend thread instead of doing so in the fan wars thread.

:offtopic:

The problem is the problem, hun. I would see your point if I didn't get called out by the mods for doing the same, but I did...

It's knowing when to pick your battles or when to move the conversation.

Also, don't ever quote me in a long as response with other basic users or quotes. I'm one of a kind.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

The problem is the problem, hun. I would see your point if I didn't get called out by the mods for doing the same, but I did...

It's knowing when to pick your battles or when to move the conversation.

Also, don't ever quote me in a long as response with other basic users or quotes. I'm one of a kind.

Get over yourself, girl. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

You answered your own question: despite being a sequel MPR felt very much like a soft remake of one of the most beloved Disney moves ever. Given Jungle Book and BatB's success there was little reason to think it wouldn't be huge.

As I said in a previous post, there's gonna be a lot of Monday morning questerbacking on MPR's box office, but almost none of that was being said before the fact.

Yeah, I figure I did, heh.

1 minute ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

I read sometimes through a lot of pages at once. I'll quote to what I want to quote without making x-times posts. Nothing personal, but no one gets a special treament by me, I also do not expect to get one ;)

• Like 1