That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

6 minutes ago, XO21 said:

I don't know what the heck Marwen is. (googling atm) 

MPR -15%

Sing -13%

Jumanji +4.6%

Passengers -21.6%

Sing jumped 35% on Friday let's see what Mary Poppins does.

Yuck, Passengers. 

2 minutes ago, Manny G said:

Everthing was going fine in China until the Fishboy decided that the ride wasn’t over yet.

I think it was always tracking about $15m, recently anyway. 

21 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So if it follows jumanji (which may had been deflated because of the Amazon showings)

Wed-4.8

Thurs-5.02

Fri-8.22

Sat-9.83

Sun-6.03

5 day-33.9

Applying the same musty as Jumanji takes it to ~270M

Honestly I have no idea what i’m doing but I tried...still thinking something like 320M.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:54 PM, CoolEric258 said:

Using the Monsters Inc. 3D comp again:

4.8M

4.3M

8.6M

11.6M

9.2M

38.5M 5-Day

This is all garbage. This is all trash. Burn it to the ground.

Already behind both. :raining:

28 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Spider Verse can’t catch a break internationally, even in China. 

Is going to do 5x Lego Batman total on OW and it can beat I2 total. 

Anyway, I find weird that is going to jump just 30% with a 9 rating on Maoyan. Even being frontloaded, FB2 jumped 20% with toxic WOM. 

Also: Is doing fine in Chile, 11th largest international market for Coco, Smallfoot and 7th largest for Teen Titans :sparta:

Edited by salvador-232

19 minutes ago, XO21 said:

I don't know what the heck Marwen is. (googling atm) 

MPR -15%

Sing -13%

Jumanji +4.6%

Passengers -21.6%

Sing jumped 35% on Friday let's see what Mary Poppins does.

Not really compatible due to the differences in the Calendar. MP is kind of in a weird place. 2007 was too long ago and the competition way too different to consider as a comp, but with Christmas Eve and Day falling on the Weekend in 2016 Sing isn't a good comp either as the whole weekend is skewed. Also considering that most K-12 school don't get out until today (unlike in 2016) the family audience for all films is actually pushed back a week in the US (on average, obviously some markets will differ.)

Expecting a 100% is way too much, but I highly doubt it only increases 35%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also for all films, if 2007 is anything to go by (man, I feel old) then next week will be the equivalent of a cash cow for everyone. Christmas falling in the mid-week makes for strong weekdays all around.

Edit*

Looking at 2012 - would seem about right if the holdovers increased between 40 and 60% today - just really depends on the screen count loss. Very unprecedented weekend to have this many new films blowing things up. I would say MP is probably capped at +50% though as Monsters Inc (the only other comp) is not even close to being the same kind of thing. Something like the +48% that the Guilt Trip (who the heck even remembers that film) got would be right.

Either way, looking like MP is aiming for around 20-21m for the weekend. WAY below expectations, even by the more conservative sites and predictors.

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

More like Spidey Into the FlopVerse.

Sad that I was right about the edgy look putting off GA.

Terrible first week in France (200 000 tickets, Mortal Engines did a little better) and it seems the movie is doing really bad almost everywhere.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, abra said:

Universal can rely on Illumination’s The Grinch when it comes to any form of green. The beast was +19% over Wednesday with $1.5M and a running total through week 6 of $245M.

They’ll be thankful for the domestic grosses cause it’s international total is really bad for Illumination and it absolutely tanked in China. 

35 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Hailee Stenfield has turned into a pretty young woman after playing the ‘unattractive tomboy’ in true grit.

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

she was a pretty girl in that too, you could see like with Emma Watson that she would grow to become beautiful. 

What the FUCK? How is a 14 year old supposed to be attractive or unattractive to grown adults? Christ.

Anyways, LMAO MARWEN :hahaha: Theaters will be scrambling to reduce its showtimes next week and beg for something else back

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

They’ll be thankful for the domestic grosses cause it’s international total is really bad for Illumination and it absolutely tanked in China. 

Wasn't paying attention to this movie's foreign box office at all and thought it would have made around 300 mil OS but damn that is really bad. No one outside America seems to care about Dr Seuss.