That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

What the FUCK

I honestly don't understand what I said that has everyone react like this or with surly emojis. I complimented the actress, said she looked pretty as a kid. I'm underage myself in case you think I'm a creep or whatever. I swear people are so weird sometimes. :wtf:

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I honestly don't understand what I said that has everyone react like this or with surly emojis. I complimented the actress, said she looked pretty as a kid. I'm underage myself in case you think I'm a creep or whatever. I swear people are so weird sometimes. :wtf:

:kitschjob:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That explains  everything...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

They’ll be thankful for the domestic grosses cause it’s international total is really bad for Illumination and it absolutely tanked in China. 

It's done well in the UK, Australia and parts of Europe but TBH Dr Seuss has always been a hard sell overseas so I imagine Universal and Illumination knew it wouldn't do as well as say Minions or SLOP. The budget is low enough that they'll make a profit regardless. 

Does anyone know if Bumblebee's previews includes the money it made on the 8th December?

https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-bumblebee-christmas-thursday-night-previews-weekend-box-office-1202524462/

Exits were huge per PostTrak, with Aquaman earning 5 stars from kids and parents, who made up 15% of the audience last night, and 4 stars from overall audiences who repped 85%. Biggest draws were in order: Males 25+ (35%), Males 25- (27%), Females 25+ (21%), Females 25- (17%). Diversity demos were 40% Caucasian, 23% Hispanic, 19% African American and 12% Asian. Females over 25 loved Aquaman the most at 85% positive (mmmm, maybe for Jason Momoa?). Definite recommend here is a solid 69%. Again PostTrak polls throughout the weekend, so these demos will adjust.

PostTrak saw a bigger share of families turning out for Bumblebee than Aquaman at 36%, with general audiences repping 63%. Four and half stars and 86% and an overall 68% definite recommend indicate  Bumblebee will have plenty of gas into January. The last Transformers movie last year, The Last Knight, ended its domestic run at $130.1M. Prior to that, 2014’s Age of Extinction made $245.4M. Bumblebee on Thursday drew 34% M25+, 30% M25-, 21% F25-, and 15% F25+. Diversity demos were 34% Caucasian, 25% Hispanic, 21% African American and 14% Asian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's done well in the UK, Australia and parts of Europe but TBH Dr Seuss has always been a hard sell overseas so I imagine Universal and Illumination knew it wouldn't do as well as say Minions or SLOP. The budget is low enough that they'll make a profit regardless. 

Does anyone know if Bumblebee's previews includes the money it made on the 8th December?

It’s separated but that was like $550K anyway so it barely makes a difference.

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

21 minutes ago, Elessar said:

That explains  everything...

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ok whatever. I still don't get what I said wrong but next time I won't compliment anyone just to be on the safe side. 

It explains a lot of posts in general, where I was borderline feeling like to react to or not to react to.

A good reminder to account for age if thinking someone reacts... matching to your age (meant as absolute not negative, matching to ones own age is normal, if someone in his/her '30 would react like an under-age ... and I'd react to that... it would be not the same)

Thought experiment, had the Saturday and Wednesday previews not been offered, would that audience have shown up to Thursday previews? Additionally, what was the level of double-dipping, I wonder? EDIT: And if early previews weren't offered, would there have been as much interest in Thursday previews? 🤨

I suspect that the more accurate preview number to use for projections is closer to $13.7M than it is to $9M, but I have nothing to back that up.

Edited by VTKajin

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Spider Verse can’t catch a break internationally, even in China. 

Spider verse is doing well in China.OD is better than The Incredibles.But It can't compete with Aquaman.Sony release alongside Aquaman is not a Very smart move

Edited by SliverS

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

It explains a lot of posts in general, where I was borderline feeling like to react to or not to react to.

A good reminder to account for age if thinking someone reacts... matching to your age (meant as absolute not negative, matching to ones own age is normal, if someone in his/her '30 would react like an under-age ... and I'd react to that... it would be not the same)

Damn Y’all are in your 30’s roaming forums all day 😐😐

Just now, Manny G said:

Damn Y’all are in your 30’s roaming forums all day 😐😐

It's probably how some get through the work day and we have older than 30-somethings here too ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First Wonder Woman after BVS and now AQM after JL - 2 solo SH pics bolstering DCEU. They are doing it in their own way. AQM may not have Wonder Woman's acclaim but it's performance in China, potentially big improvement over JL dom and strong OS-China will make it the #1 DCEU film globally.

• Thanks 2