Alli

Can Johnny Depp make a comeback or is he over?

Yep and POTC is past expiration day. POTC 6 is gonna flop no matter who stars in it. The franchise is run into the ground. There's nothing more to say. They should have stoped after the third movie. It was Gore Verbinski's baby. No one else got it right. 

Not all nostalgia. Some yes some no. As already mentioned in the post above, didn't do shit for Matrix 4 and wasn't just the shadow of NWH another nostalgia but done right in the frnachise that has steam.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Pirates 6 is a bad idea imo regardless of anything that has happened.

The first 3 are a great trilogy, but theyre also a product of their time when Fantasy blockbusters were the shit. Pirates 5 showed already that the franchise just isnt that much of a draw anymore and i dont want it to end up as the next Terminator or Alien.

Some franchises have a expiration date; and I think Pirates is one of them.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Your icon makes the point: Crusie is a year older then Depp, but looks like he is in his 40's; Depp looks , well, just plain terrible.

What amuses me about the Depp fans is there living in the past. It ain't 2005 anymore.

Dude, what are you even going on about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About the case: i can't believe the jury didn't find even one instance where Depp was abusive (that's all it would have took for him to lose). Amber was in front of a judge with scars when she requested her protective order. No way i believe she painted on those scars. This jury made a huge mistake

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Yep and POTC is past expiration day. POTC 6 is gonna flop no matter who stars in it. The franchise is run into the ground. There's nothing more to say. They should have stoped after the third movie. It was Gore Verbinski's baby. No one else got it right. 

Agree with everything you said except it being a flop. I think it would make substantial money IF Bloom/Knightley returned and they focused on them. They could even make them have a daughter/son and make Sparrow the supporting character IF they really wanted to save it. 

Also the notion that Hollywood is above employing people with less than stellar backgrounds is patently false. The propaganda machine knows no end. Tom Cruise actively and openly bankrolls an organisation that is recorded to keep people as slaves - you really think they won't welcome Depp back with open arms? Don't be naïve.  

6 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Oh, i have no doubt a new Pirates with Depp would be huge. The nostalgia is all the rage these days. Question is if Disney wants it

We have heard that a number of times before, and it sure a hell did not work for The Matrix and The Terminator. I don;t think Nostalgia is as big at the box office as many here.

Have you seen Depp recently? Are you telling me he could pull of Sparrow again as a leading charecter?

Disney knows this; and that is why they seem reluctant to pull the trigger on it.

People just don't get the Depp of today is NOT the Depp of 2005/2006.

Edited by dudalb
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Mitchell said:

Dude, what are you even going on about?

That Cruise has kept in shape and is still at age 60, able to pull off a leading action role, but Depp has let himself go, and is not.

Just now, dudalb said:

Have you seen Depp recently? Are you telling me he could pull of Sparrow again as a leading charecter?

He looks like a drunk...same a Sparrow. The problem is it would take at least two-three years to get the wheels moving

3 minutes ago, Skim Beeble said:

Maybe a Tim Burton / Johnny Depp film could get in development but I don't know what their relationship with eachother has been through this whole thing. I don't even remember the last movie Tim made. 

Dumbo '19. Hasn't had a hit since Alice in Wonderland '10 though. Currently he's busy making that live-action Addams Family show for Netflix.

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, a negative impact. This stupid spectacle is gonna make it seem like a joke.

So you’re telling me the sexists and apologists who are/were obviously going to use this trial as scapegoat to justify sexism are going to continue to be scumbags I’m shocked.

Edited by YourMother

I think a Pirates 6 down the line could be massive, if they wait a little bit for nostalgia to kick back in first. 4-5 made a lot despite sucking but I think most have forgotten those and mostly recall the trilogy which were all well received by audiences. If Gore comes back and the whole original cast, then it would be massive if they can bring back that old spark to it again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not all nostalgia. Some yes some no. As already mentioned in the post above, didn't do shit for Matrix 4 and wasn't just the shadow of NWH another nostalgia but done right in the frnachise that has steam.

last Pirates made nearly 800m despite bad reviews and opening one week before Wonder Woman. Now that nostalgia is an even bigger thing and Depp has become one of the most discussed and even well liked celebrities (whatever you feel about him, most of the public was on his side),it feels like Pirates 6 would likely make more 

• Like 2