Alli

Can Johnny Depp make a comeback or is he over?

7 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

In minor roles or cameos are better for him. Murder On The Orient Express is an example. 

As an actor in a leading role probably not but I am not going to say no yet. So I’m 50/50 on it.

Possibly yes: Depp needs to find better  scripts and stop being typecasted so much. That’s why celebrities like Will Smith, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Melissa McCarthy, or even Michael Cera don’t even bring people into cinemas anymore.

He was actually considered a box office superstar at one point in time?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

No. After Jack Sparrow he was typecast as the next goofy character and that's all he was offered. He took too many obvious flops for the money alone. He's not a draw and he's probably not willing to work for a reduced paycheck. 

He's doing all these indie movies i imagine he's not gonna be paid much.

agreed about typecasting tho. It's gonna be hard for people to accept him in a normal role/ without the face paint

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

He was actually considered a box office superstar at one point in time?

I forgot to mention.... no. I was looking up typecast celebs. Superbad & Juno was on my mind. But I don’t really think he was the real draw of those films. 

20 minutes ago, Maggie said:

His time as a box office powerhouse are over, could make a comeback in smaller movies.

Yeah, this. Big studios very likely won't work with him at least for the time being. So he can re-brand himself like McConaughey did prior to his Oscar win. Pick strong roles in strong small movies and take it from there.  

In all honesty, having to leave the sinking ship Fantastic Beasts is a blessing in disguise for him save paycheck loss of course. 

Edited by Valonqar

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I thought he was abused by Amber, I even saw a #JusticeforJohnnyDepp hashtag in trends several days ago...why do people here keep spitting on him then? I mean, unless there are new developments I'm unaware of he is the victim...

The U.K. Court ruled against him in his libel lawsuit against The Sun. That doesn’t mean he’s guilty of abusing her, but some people like to take it as proof against him. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The U.K. Court ruled against him in his libel lawsuit against The Sun. That doesn’t mean he’s guilty of abusing her, but some people like to take it as proof against him. 

I see, thanks for the answer...it doesn't mean anything. Poor man can't catch a break...