Alli

Can Johnny Depp make a comeback or is he over?

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Pirates 6 with Depp would definitely make money 

They just had the biggest marketing campaign they could wish for. Of course it's going to make money and you can bet Depp is going to be back for it. 

• Knock It Off 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

They just had the biggest marketing campaign they could wish for. Of course it's going to make money and you can bet Depp is going to be back for it. 

feel the nostalgia for the first three also few stronger now than six years ago

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Yeah, if they get Bloom and Knightly to return it's a no brainer. 

I seriously doubt Keira would agree to star with Depp again. Isn't she a feminist? And i also doubt Disney, a kids company, will hire Depp again

Just now, Maggie said:

I seriously doubt Keira would agree to star with Depp again. Isn't she a feminist? And i also doubt Disney, a kids company, will hire Depp again

Considering Johnny Depp was found innocent it would be in their best interest of the Pirates franchise to bring him back. 

Meanwhile WB has a decision to make on whether they want a psychopathic serial abuser representing their biggest brand, the DC Comics. Granted she can be killed off very easily but prefer her not being in the movie at all.

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

These proclamations of "Pirates 6 with Depp would be huge" remind me of the "Matrix 4 will be massive" predictions that went around when it was first announced. Some franchises are just past their expiration date.

Pirates is a franchise that loads of people watched as a kid. So it’s easier to get nostalgia for it 

14 minutes ago, MrPink said:

What I would like is a 5 year+ break from hearing about these people

THIS.

I don't know who is more ridiculous:The people who hold Heard totally guiltess in this, or the Depp fanboys who think he is a perfect being who can do wrong.

As for a comeback: define comeback. He will continue to get roles, but they won't be the kind of leading role in a film he once had, and he won;t  be getting the kind of money he once got. He has not aged well,frankly. He and Cruise are a year apart, and look at how much worse Depp looks. The drugs and booze took their toll.

I somehow think Disney is not particuraly anxious to greenlight Pirates 6, and I agree to turn to Jack Sparrow again would not be a good move for Depp as far as  credibility goes. It would just confirm what might be the the truth:outside of Jack Sparrow he cannot put fannies in the seats.

And I see we have a couple of the die hard Depp fanboys who think he is god and can do no wrong and for whom it is still 2005 and Depp is the coolist man alive. Living in the past never works out well, folks.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

These proclamations of "Pirates 6 with Depp would be huge" remind me of the "Matrix 4 will be massive" predictions that went around when it was first announced. Some franchises are just past their expiration date.

Average gross of Matrix movies is what? 450M? Pirates is probably double that. 

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Pirates is a franchise that loads of people watched as a kid. So it’s easier to get nostalgia for it 

Yeah, but I can't see Depp as being able to carry off SParrow for a whole picture.

If The Mouse does do Pirates 6, I think they will have a new leading chacrecter, and Depp will have what amounts to a supporting role in order to pass the torch.

Pirates 6 is a bad idea imo regardless of anything that has happened.

The first 3 are a great trilogy, but theyre also a product of their time when Fantasy blockbusters were the shit. Pirates 5 showed already that the franchise just isnt that much of a draw anymore and i dont want it to end up as the next Terminator or Alien.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eric Mitchell said:

What are you 12? Enough with this hyperbole

Your icon makes the point: Crusie is a year older then Depp, but looks like he is in his 40's; Depp looks , well, just plain terrible.

What amuses me about the Depp fans is there living in the past. It ain't 2005 anymore.