Alli

Can Johnny Depp make a comeback or is he over?

50 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Absolutely disgusting trial and result. I hope he never gets another major film role again.

I am of the They Are Both Disgusting Human Beings school, but the behavior today of the Depp fans outside the courtroom is moving me to Heard's side. as much as I think she is a trainwreck.

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I expect Depp to be able to make a comeback in a co-starring vehicle.  I also expect, now that he's won and can be rehabilitated into Hollywood, he'll spend time putting himself back in "Hollywood" mode if the paycheck is high enough.  I mean, Cruise spends money on the face, the trainer, the chef, etc...he doesn't just look that good at his age naturally (although he does have good genes that help)...

It ain't 2005 any longer, guy.

And nice the way you avoid mentioing Depp's long history of drug and booze abuse as to why Depp looks like a wreck today.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I feel like they tried with the last one five years ago to pass the torch onto a new generation of leads between Bloom/Knightley's son (the Brenton Thwaites character) and Rush's daughter (the Kaya Scodelario one) but the movie earning franchise-worst reviews and the lowest financial returns to date put that whole idea on ice. If they were to make another one at this point, I doubt either of them would be involved and it would be back to square one in trying reignite interest again.

Also rumors that they want a female pirate for the new lead and want Margot Robbie for the role. Of course of all rumors should be taken with a ton of salt, and everybody seems to want Robbie for their next project.......

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It ain't 2005 any longer, guy.

And nice the way you avoid mentioing Depp's long history of drug and booze abuse as to why Depp looks like a wreck today.

RDJ was the same type of addict...if you have enough incentive, you get clean enough to do the films...and again, Hollywood can perform magic on appearance whether they do it the old fashioned way (on the person) or the new way (on screen), so his current appearance doesn't matter too much...it's whether a studio wants to take on the risk and to provide the incentive...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am guy that was in an abusive relationship with a woman. Ironically, she once threw dog poop at me. It does happen. I do think Heard is a narcissist, and yes Depp has his part to play as well, but I'm glad society is taking a look at this issue of women abusing men

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Let's put it this way, if Pirates Six was the sure fire huge hit a number of people here think it is, Disney would already be working on it. They are not.

What makes you think there's no Pirates 6...Disney is developing no6 and a no7 atm...

Its early days but two scripts are being written...one with Margot Robbie being asked to star and the second with no one attached...with the strong campaign for Depp to return "will he" maybe not but for all his substance abuse well Hollywood only cares about money and RDJ had just as bad an abuse issue and was forgiven...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Looking at the reaction it seems this is something that has United everyone. People of all backgrounds, political ideologies, men and women, are against Heard. She definitely fucked up in the PR Department 

And that justifies the behavior we saw from the Depp fans outside the courtoom? Death threats are OK in your book?

• Disbelief 2

Even with this case verdict, Depp already said he has no interest in working with Disney again, so at this point, any prospective sequel with him involved is pretty much dead in the water.

And personally, I'd rather they just not make a Pirates 6 or a straight-up reboot at all. Just let the franchise rest.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Even with this case verdict, Depp already said he has no interest in working with Disney again, so at this point, any prospective sequel with him involved is pretty much dead in the water.

And personally, I'd rather they just not make a Pirates 6 or a straight-up reboot at all. Just let the franchise rest.

I repeat, I think Depp was just talking the piss . If he needs the money..and the way he spends money he will.......he will sign with the Mouse.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And that justifies the behavior we saw from the Depp fans outside the courtoom? Death threats are OK in your book?

Where did he say or even imply that making death threats is ok?  You're on a roll with the bad posts today.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

TIL that it's the patriarchy's fault you get caught lying in court and make yourself look like an untrustworthy idiot

Heard is an idiot, but that the right has jumped on this issue to try to discredit the whole Me Too movement and makes harassment and abuse of women acceptable again is disgusting.

The right's agenda is now clear; get rid of every gain we have made as a society since 1950 and make White Christian Males a supreme power once again.

And what is sad is they are being cheered on by some fools who think it makes them "cool" and "edgy" to do so.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

49 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

And now back to the regularly scheduled issue of Johnny Depp being a shit tier actor. 

Sadly, I think that what he has often been for the past few years. He seems content to do shtick then actually give performances.

It's too bad becuase on one time he was an incredibly talented actor.

I have to echo that is some ways Jack Sparrow was both the best and worst thing happen to Depp: It made him a superstar and rich, but seems to have made him give up on being a serioius actor and made him content to do shtick.

4 hours ago, MOVIEGUY said:

TIL that it's the patriarchy's fault you get caught lying in court and make yourself look like an untrustworthy idiot

It is really interesting to see how AH flop at the court. Unlike the movie with multiple cut between the take and editing, the long uninterrupted one-take make a person “acting” very vulnerable to overacting. It is very hard to sustain a convincing look of the acting for a long period of time without making the “audience” realise that it is unnatural. Once your make your audience feel that your “dialogue” is unnatural and overdramatic, your story either true or fake, is now inaccessible to audience emotion. 

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Heard is an idiot, but that the right has jumped on this issue to try to discredit the whole Me Too movement and makes harassment and abuse of women acceptable again is disgusting.

The right's agenda is now clear; get rid of every gain we have made as a society since 1950 and make White Christian Males a supreme power once again.

And what is sad is they are being cheered on by some fools who think it makes them "cool" and "edgy" to do so.

Ohhh I think I understand

It's not about defemation or the individual points and verdicts, you've managed to somehow in your mind make Amber = Left and Johnny = Right. I see so Johnny proviing defemation from false allegations has set us all back 50 years, what a horrible man for taking this to trial He should have just taken the L and let everyone think he was a sexual abuser, if not then he's helping the right!

American politics is a farce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

11 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Do you really not know how negotiations work? He says he will never do it again it means that he can get more when it comes to them making an offer.

• Like 1