Alli

Can Johnny Depp make a comeback or is he over?

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Sadly, I think that what he has often been for the past few years. He seems content to do shtick then actually give performances.

It's too bad becuase on one time he was an incredibly talented actor.

I have to echo that is some ways Jack Sparrow was both the best and worst thing happen to Depp: It made him a superstar and rich, but seems to have made him give up on being a serioius actor and made him content to do shtick.

Funny enough, Nick of Time was being hyped on Amazon Prime last night.  I had forgotten that I both liked that movie and really enjoyed that it was almost a throwback to the Johnny you see in 21 Jump Street - vulnerable, emotional, etc...

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Ohhh I think I understand

It's not about defemation or the individual points and verdicts, you've managed to somehow in your mind make Amber = Left and Johnny = Right. I see so Johnny proviing defemation from false allegations has set us all back 50 years, what a horrible man for taking this to trial He should have just taken the L and let everyone think he was a sexual abuser, if not then he's helping the right!

American politics is a farce

No, that's just the way it is.  The Daily Wire(right wing) spent tens of THOUSANDS of dollars on ads specifically targeting Heard and defending JD.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

No, that's just the way it is.  The Daily Wire(right wing) spent tens of THOUSANDS of dollars on ads specifically targeting Heard and defending JD.

Here's a revolutionary idea, you're allowed to agree on things.

If The Daily Wire came out in support of water would you stop drinking it lmao

25 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What does this have to do with anything?  You claimed they made it into a left v right scenario and I was defending them by pointing out a right wing media outlet that has spent real money to make it a right/left fight, that's all.

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

What does this have to do with anything?  You claimed they made it into a left v right scenario and I was defending them by pointing out a right wing media outlet that has spent real money to make it a right/left fight, that's all.

You said left = amber and right= depp is the way it actually is.

Because team rightside has come out in support of depp doesn't mean the left squadgang can't too. American politics is brainrot be careful everyone, I'm worried for you all

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Depp will come back, he has overwhelming public support, but it's not gonna be Disney stuff, more like Mel Gibson style come back with smaller projects.

He really does have overwhelming public support. Remember everyone sometimes we got to take a step outside of our echo chambers to get a feel for public opinion. The same applies for one of the franchises I'm interested in!

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You said left = amber and right= depp is the way it actually is.

Because team rightside has come out in support of depp doesn't mean the left squadgang can't too. American politics is brainrot be careful everyone, I'm worried for you all

I don't care what the right says, because I don't like either one of them.  I'm just saying that in the court of public opinion, a very popular media company is paying a lot of money to sway peoples opinion to THEIR side.  

The problem with this specific case is that it's based on an op-ed she wrote that didn't even mention him by name.  That sets a pretty scary precedent going forward.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

You gotta improve your reading comprehension getting on a high horse. He is saying that guys like The Daily Wire have literally spent thousands on a disinformation campaign (which they've done many, many times before).

• Like 4

I can buy Depp's claims that he doesn't want to work with Disney anymore. The Lone Ranger was a bomb for the ages, Alice 2 posted one of the ugliest sequel drops of all time, and the last Pirates of the Caribbean sold less admissions in its entire run than the second or third movies did in their opening weekends adjusted for inflation, proving how far the mighty have fallen. As they say in showbiz, you're only as successful as your last movie, and his filmography this past decade is pretty Flop City (both with Disney and with other studios).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

You gotta improve your reading comprehension getting on a high horse. He is saying that guys like The Daily Wire have literally spent thousands on a disinformation campaign (which they've done many, many times before).

If you want to talk about reading comprehension then you should note a few things. Deep never mentioned plural he only mentioned The Daily Wire. Also he never said it was a disinfomation campaign so I don't really know what you're referring to?!

To sum it up. Deep Wang disagreed that 'amber = left, depp = right' was just in the other posters head, and said that it is actually reality. Then points to The Daily Wire as an example of it being a reality.

So yeah thank you I think I know what I'm reading.

To me this is not left vs right debate at all, this is about Johnny Depp being false accused of sexual voilence.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If you want to talk about reading comprehension then you should note a few things. Deep never mentioned plural he only mentioned The Daily Wire. Also he never said it was a disinfomation campaign so I don't really know what you're referring to?!

To sum it up. Deep Wang disagreed that 'amber = left, depp = right' was just in the other posters head, and said that it is actually reality. Then points to The Daily Wire as an example of it being a reality.

So yeah thank you I think I know what I'm reading.

To me this is not left vs right debate at all, this is about Johnny Depp being false accused of sexual voilence.

Nah, my reading comprehension is fine. I just said some things semantically different. The Daily Wire is an example of right-wing media spending money to get people rally behind Depp and making it a right-wing issue (for their own MRA bullshit). Not sure what you're disagreeing with here. That Daily Wire isn't right-wing? That they haven't spent thousands to make Depp seem like some hero? Because both are facts. 

You can argue it's not a left vs right issue if you want, but the point still stands that The Daily Wire made it one.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, my reading comprehension is fine. I just said some things semantically different. The Daily Wire is an example of right-wing media spending money to get people rally behind Depp and making it a right-wing issue (for their own MRA bullshit). Not sure what you're disagreeing with here. That Daily Wire isn't right-wing? That they haven't spent thousands to make Depp seem like some hero? Because both are facts.

What I'm disagreeing with is in writing in my previous posts, Mr Reading Comprehension. That is that The Daily Wire's activities don't make the statement 'amber = left, depp = right' true.

You can argue it's not a left vs right issue if you want, but the point still stands that The Daily Wire made it one.

I mean I don't think so, The Daily Who? Don't get me wrong it might become one, but I'm sorry the Depp trial is not current a Left vs Right issue right now. I guess this has become an argument of when does something become a left vs right issue, I'm not sure of the answer but its defineitly not this.

I mean Eric, Dulab, LordDex and Deepwang could get on BOT and write a pro amber blogpost with left leaning biases. Would that make this trial a Left vs Right problem? 🤣

That's enough for me I won't reply on this issue any futher I'm procrastinating and wasting brain energy

Edited by IronJimbo
that im done

2 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Most of the biggest coverage has come from urban based IG meme pages or celebrity and legal based youtube channels.

This idea that ben shapiro turned the world against Amber is jokes...

She more did it when she talked about her dog stepped on a bee. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean Eric, Dulab, LordDex and Deepwang could get on BOT and write a pro amber blogpost with left leaning biases. Would that make this trial a Left vs Right problem? 🤣

If a major leftist publication like Jacobin spent thousands on a pro-Amber Heard campaign for their own political agendas which has an effect on internet discount, then yeah the trial would also become a political issue. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Most of the biggest coverage has come from urban based IG meme pages or celebrity and legal based youtube channels.

This idea that ben shapiro turned the world against Amber is jokes...

I never stated it was Shapiro alone did I?

Again, I was defending dudalb because IronJimbo said "...you've managed to somehow in your mind..." as if it was something they made up themselves.  It wasn't and I gave the example of the very partisan Daily Wire paying thousands of dollars to promote the articles they wrote supporting Depp.

How many more times will I need to explain this?  

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I would’ve said no but Twitter seems to love him. Maybe he should go to rehab properly before starting work on a film though. 

I’d imagine insurance on him would be astronomical. 

Hmm...  I think Depp's case is unique.  He's never had any big issues working with people ON SET or walking off sets, except a gradual diva-ish behavior that began to be talked about...but that's really not so different from so many.  This was a domestic dispute that yes, interfered with both stars' P.R., but it was never about how they behaved professionally.  So insurance won't really be the problem.  Depp "won" in the court of public opinion as well as in the court, so all that really remains to be seen is how much interest audiences really have in paying to see him again on screen -- and that is debatable, for sure.  I do I think Depp will concentrate in Indies/international films, and I think his big studio days are mostly done.  

social media "like" is free and fragile. and even more when it's heavily driven by fake news with some spending big money on ad and spreading it.

only way i can see him comeback is If disney make jack sparrow film. lol