sfran43

Dragon Ball Super: Broly

OD in South America

Bolivia: 22.967 (75% of Infinity War and 221% of Incredibles 2)

Argentina: 104.791 (66% of IW and 101% of I2)

Paraguay: 14.309 (94% of IW and 719% of I2)

Uruguay: 3.878 (45% of IW and 135% of I2)

Perú: 250.000 (Second Best OD EVER after Infinity War | 86% of IW) 

Of course, this isn't getting anywhere near IW or I2 totals but you can see how huge these numbers are. 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 3

I didn't know there was a thread this.

By Sunday this will be comfortably past $40 million. 

It looks like Resurrection F sold 223,000 tickets in 5 days. So Broly did better in 1 day.

Edited by scabab

17 minutes ago, scabab said:

In a single day?

Did Resurrection F do about 14,000 opening day?

Yep, in a single Day. I have no way to know the OD for Resurrection F (or any other movie not called Infinity War...) but both F and Battle of the gods did 100K on the whole opening weekend. 

Honestly, at this point the real question if it will outsell the full run of them on opening weekend alone or in the first full week. 

Edited by salvador-232

https://www.eldeber.com.bo/escenas/Dragon-Ball-Super-Broly-bate-record-en-Bolivia-es-la-cinta-animada-con-el-mejor-estreno-en-su-historia-20190111-9065.html

In Bolivia it surpassed Resurrection F's total in just it's opening day. It says in one day it's done right times more than Resurrection F but that would be it's opening day right? Not it's total surely.

7 hours ago, scabab said:

https://www.eldeber.com.bo/escenas/Dragon-Ball-Super-Broly-bate-record-en-Bolivia-es-la-cinta-animada-con-el-mejor-estreno-en-su-historia-20190111-9065.html

In Bolivia it surpassed Resurrection F's total in just it's opening day. It says in one day it's done right times more than Resurrection F but that would be it's opening day right? Not it's total surely.

It says that it surpassed the total weekend projection in OD and it grossed eight times more than F on OD. 

It also says it did 30K admissions which is quite higher than what Ultracine reported and that is the best animated opening day ever (anime or not) and also the best Fox opening.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/aquaman-crosses-1-billion-worldwide-bumblebee-china-international-box-office-1202534340/

Fox International’s Dragon Ball Super: Broly got an expanded release this weekend, heading outside of Japan to 17 more markets for a terrific $20.3M. That takes the international cume to $54.3M. The 20th movie in the Dragon Ball series, it focuses on Goku and Vegeta as they encounter Broly, a Saiyan warrior unlike any fighter they’ve faced before.

There were No. 1s in 12 markets with Mexico leading at $6.5M to come in 41% ahead of Ralph Breaks The Internet. Peru($2.4M) and Argentina ($1.56M) gave Fox its biggest opening weekend ever, followed by Chile ($1.7M) with the industry’s 3rd biggest animation opening of all time. In Colombia it’s Fox’s 4th biggest opening weekend ever at $1.5M and in Ecuador, the Toei anime fantasy is Fox’s top launch ever, and the 3rd best superhero bow, behind Avengers: Infinity War and Thor: Ragnarok. The film opens in in Australia, Holland, and New Zealand on Jan 24. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

It got adjusted down.

"Fantasy adventure Dragon Ball Super: Broly grossed $19.2m from 17 territores to raise the international running total to $53.5m. The film excelled in Latin American debuts, earning $6.1m in Mexico, $2.5m in Peru, $1.7m in Chile, $1.55m in Argentina, $1.49m in Central America, $1.46m in Colombia, and $1.3m in Ecuador. Japan produced a $1m weekend to raise the tally to $31.6m after five."

So it looks like it got adjusted down $1.1 million for the weekend. I can see it's down $0.4 million in Mexico but it's up $0.1 million in Peru and pretty much the same in Chile, Argentina and Colombia. It must have been overestimated by $0.8 million from other countries then.

Edited by scabab