Asyulus

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY 🎇 # AM 21.8, MPR 11.3, BB 8.8, SMSV 5.7 [FOR ASGARD]

9 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

$1 BILLION LOCKED FOR AQUAMAN BABY!!!

5 billion dollars in 2018. Did not see that coming. 2018 will be like 2015.

My club, meanwhile:

:sparta:

lmao @ everyone predicting Solo for a billion. Most surprising bomb ever?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:
HOLMES & WATSON (2018) D+
VICE (2018)

C+

Absolutely pathetic for Holmes. Not great for Vice either, but I’m willingly to bet a decent amount went in expecting something that wasn’t very liberal.

Yes, I'm sure people expected a film from the director of The Big Short to not be super left-leaning in its politics.

@WrathOfHan merry christmas:

15x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Dog Days, Smallfoot, The House with a Clock in Its Walls

14x:

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, Venom, Mid90s, Instant Family, Overlord, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch

13x:

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5, Smallfoot, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Instant Family, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Bumblebee

10x:

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Alpha, Venom, Once Upon a Deadpool, Widows Round 2, Bohemian Rhapsody, Aquaman

9x:

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Smallfoot, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Instant Family, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Bumblebee

8x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Alpha, The House with a Clock in Its Walls, A Star is Born, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Alpha, Venom, Ralph Breaks the Internet

7x:

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: A Dragon Tattoo Story: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Searching, Venom

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5, Smallfoot, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

6x:

The Mule: The Old Man and the Gun, A Star is Born, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, A Private War, A Star is Born Round 2, The Front Runner

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Smallfoot, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Aquaman, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2

The Kid Who Would Be King: The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Instant Family, Once Upon a Deadpool, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2, Bumblebee

5x:

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, The First Purge

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time, Leave No Trace, A Star is Born, A Star is Born Round 2, Schindler’s List Dolby

On the Basis of Sex: The Wife, The Old Man and the Gun, A Star is Born, A Star is Born Round 2, Schindler’s List Dolby

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Dog Days, Alpha, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2

A Dog’s Way Home: The Front Runner, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Bumblebee

Glass: Venom, Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Aquaman, Creed II

4x:

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time, Searching

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Alpha, Smallfoot

Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, The Karate Kid, The Meg, Venom

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, The Old Man and the Gun

Widows: Superfly, Searching, Halloween Dolby, A Star is Born

The Favourite: Juliet, Naked, The Old Man and the Gun, Mid90s, Can You Ever Forgive Me?

Green Book: The Old Man and the Gun, A Star is Born, Mid90s, A Private War

Second Act: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Crazy Rich Asians, Instant Family

Aquaman: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, The Meg, Venom, Widows Round 2

Welcome to Marwen: Juliet, Naked, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Schindler’s List Dolby, Vox Lux

Mary, Queen of Scots: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, Widows Round 2

Pet Sematary: Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Once Upon a Deadpool, Aquaman

The Secret Life of Pets 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, The Grinch, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2

What Men Want: Crazy Rich Asians, Juliet, Naked, Widows Round 2, Bumblebee

3x:

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Crazy Rich Asians
Nobody’s Fool: The First Purge, Blindspotting, BlacKkKlansman
Overlord: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mission: Impossible – Fallout Round 2 (IMAX), Searching
The Front Runner: A Star is Born, Can You Ever Forgive Me?, A Private War
Escape Room: Overlord, Once Upon a Deadpool, Vox Lux
Cold Pursuit: A Private War, Once Upon a Deadpool, Widows Round 2
Holmes and Watson: Instant Family, Bohemian Rhapsody, Aquaman
Godzilla: King of the Monsters: First Man IMAX, Aquaman, Bumblebee
Captain Marvel: Halloween Dolby, Overlord, Creed II

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day
The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2
Ben is Back: Juliet, Naked, The Wife
Robin Hood: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Venom
SHAZAM!: Smallfoot, Mid90s
Serenity: The Karate Kid, A Private War
The Aftermath: Can You Ever Forgive Me?, A Private War
Dark Phoenix: First Man IMAX, Overlord
The Curse of La Llorona: Halloween Dolby, Overlord
Vice: A Star is Born, A Star is Born Round 2
Happy Death Day 2U: Halloween Dolby, Once Upon a Deadpool
Detective Pikachu: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Once Upon a Deadpool
The Beach Bum: Mid90s, Vox Lux
Isn’t It Romantic: Instant Family, Vox Lux
Miss Bala: The Front Runner, Widows Round 2
Rocketman: A Private War, Bohemian Rhapsody
Breakthrough: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D, Bohemian Rhapsody
Stan and Ollie: Widows Round 2, Bohemian Rhapsody
Capernaum: Burning, Shoplifters
Toy Story 4: Ralph Breaks the Internet, Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2

1x:

The Current War: Wind River
Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man
Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully
City of Lies: Hotel Artemis
Halloween: The First Purge
If Beale Street Could Talk: BlacKkKlansman
Mid90s: BlacKkKlansman
What They Had: Juliet, Naked
The Fog 4K: Madeline’s Madeline
The Happy Prince: The Wife
Maria by Callas: The Wife
A Private War: The Old Man and the Gun
The Possession of Hannah Grace: Halloween Dolby
Destroyer: Halloween Dolby
Instant Family: A Star is Born
Boy Erased: Mid90s
Burning: Suspiria
Aladdin: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
The Prodigy: Overlord
Overcomer: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Round 2 3D
Shoplifters: Burning
Avengers: Endgame: Aquaman
The Upside: Aquaman
Uglydolls: Ralph Breaks the Internet Round 2
Missing Link: Bumblebee
Fighting with My Family: Creed II

Edited by Blankments
  • Astonished 1

That Bumblebee number might be a little low. I saw it at 3:30 today in a 20plex where it is on two screens and it was about 90% full in the 150 seater where I saw it. 

As for the film, it's entertaining with plenty of humor and some excellent song choices (tied with Deadpool for best music usage of the year). Sure, there are some absurdities in it; but it is better than the Bayformers movies.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:
HOLMES & WATSON (2018) D+
VICE (2018)

C+

Absolutely pathetic for Holmes. Not great for Vice either, but I’m willingly to bet a decent amount went in expecting something that wasn’t very liberal.

Why should either of these be a surprise? Vice has never looked like a crowd-pleaser. and Holmes and Watson's release comes over two years after it wrapped.

54 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Yes, I'm sure people expected a film from the director of The Big Short to not be super left-leaning in its politics.

To be fair, The Big Short wasn't that political so people (conservatives) didn't have a problem with it being left-leaning, which they clearly do have a problem here with Vice if you check RT audience scores and reviews and IMDB. I'm sure it affected Cinemascore a bit.

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

They also had some of the better Monday drops. It all balances out. 

Not really for Spiderverse. That movie dropped by 39% Monday which was a mediocre drop (I wouldn't say it was the better of the bunch). But I agree that it probably balances out for MPR.

• Like 1