Asyulus

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY 🎇 # AM 21.8, MPR 11.3, BB 8.8, SMSV 5.7 [FOR ASGARD]

I quite enjoyed Aquaman. Probably #2 in the DCEU behind WW. 

I went to a 1pm Boxing Day session. The shopping centre was packed and I took around 10 minutes to find a parking spot. The session was probably about 70-80% full. 

• Like 3

That Christmas Day should lock 150m for Poppins barring a collapse from here. The 1/2 of Monday and Tuesday took my long range way up (another reason that daily fluctuations cant really be used to guesstimate.) Will be curious to see where it goes (and AQM) over the next 7 days of holiday play. 

• Like 1

Compared to Deadline's predictions:

Mary Poppins Returns... with an eye on a $35M weekend and a first week (Wednesday through Tuesday) of what many believe is closer to $75M.

Aquaman... Projections are wild. Right now 3-day is at $65M-$70M. Yes, that’s lower than Justice League‘s FSS of $93.8M, but the thinking is that through five days, Aquaman will make more than its predecessor, $120M to $111.9M, over the Friday to Tuesday stretch. A few are saying $150M, but that’s truly a lofty number.

Bumblebee... projections are low for this $137M production (before P&A) with a $20M-$25M three-day at 3,500 theaters and a Friday-Tuesday take between $35M-$40M.

MPR: $50M

AQM: $105M

BB: $34M

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not really for Spiderverse. That movie dropped by 39% Monday which was a mediocre drop (I wouldn't say it was the better of the bunch). But I agree that it probably balances out for MPR.

Don’t think we have an official actual for Spider Verse which had a very low estimated Sunday drop, so it’s hard to say what the Monday drop actually was

• Like 1

I'm going with 195 mil total by the end of second weekend for Aquaman at the moment. I think the movie will gross 20 mil on Wednesday and 18 on Thursday. Adding in the predicted 52 mil for the weekend gives the movie 195 mil.

By the way, how big are New Year's Eve and New Year in terms of box office compared to Christmas and Boxing day?

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

By the way, how big are New Year's Eve and New Year in terms of box office compared to Christmas and Boxing day?

Only found them as single days (Top 15):

Christmas

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/holidays.htm?page=xmas&p=.htm

New Year

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/days/holidays.htm?page=newyrs&p=.htm

Great for Aquaman. Really pleased it’s been such a huge hit for them - it’s a really fun movie. 

Poppins - I was one that thought it would trounce everything. Guess nostalgia got the better of me. Good to see it rebounding now and should finish with a perfectly respectable run for Disney. 

A few Oscar nominations will help it later on down the line. 

3 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Aquaman only $6 million under what TLJ made on Christmas Day. Wow! Either that is really good for AQM or it says a lot about how TLJ was received last year.

I'd say probably both.

It shows that AQM is received quite well and TLJ was received horribly.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Aquaman only $6 million under what TLJ made on Christmas Day. Wow! Either that is really good for AQM or it says a lot about how TLJ was received last year.

20 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I'd say probably both.

Its important to remember though that TLJ already burned of 368M worth of demand when Christmas Day arrived for it - a number that Aquaman wont reach as its total Dom number (unless it somehow develops Jumanji-like legs in January).

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its important to remember though that TLJ already burned of 368M worth of demand when Christmas Day arrived for it - a number that Aquaman wont reach as its total Dom number (unless it somehow develops Jumanji-like legs in January).

Yeah. I have no clue what those guys are taking about. If we are making asinine comparisons like this, I'll just

point out that Aquaman's first Monday is only 2.9 mil less than Infinity War's first Monday. I think this shows that Infinity War was badly received. /s

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Nah Aquaman has 2nd highest Tuesday for cbm just after IW due to this.

Its more on AQM if u go by that metric

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Like 1