Asyulus

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY 🎇 # AM 21.8, MPR 11.3, BB 8.8, SMSV 5.7 [FOR ASGARD]

I haven't really been paying attention all that much to the box office lately but here's my quick two cents.

Aquaman is having a really nice run and as we all know and others have pointed out everyday over the holidays is like a Friday or a Saturday so the numbers are going to stay nice and steady. And hands up as to who would have thought Aquaman would be the highest grossing post Dark Knight rises DC movie worldwide. That's pretty insane that actually has a shot at making a billion dollars.

I guess if those of us here didn't wildly over predict Mary Poppins the numbers would be somewhat okay but I can't help but feel that Disney was expecting this to be much much bigger than it is. I saw it last night with my brother and his two daughters. The youngest one, fell asleep, and the oldest one thought it was good. Me and my brother both hated it and thought it was one of the stupidest movies we've ever seen LOL. So go figure.

I personally have no desire to see a Transformers film outside of Michael Bay's vision but if bumblebee is being well received perhaps they can hit 140 - 150 in North America. I would just personally love to see Paramount throw caution to the wind and get

bring back Michael Bay and Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox and John Turturro and make a new Kick-Ass Transformers film.

I didn't really care for spider verse either so don't really care about its numbers. I'd like to go see the mule and vice I think both of them will be pretty good regardless of what the cinemascore is.

As for Holmes and Watson, that movie just looked like a disaster waiting to happen at the box office. The trailers were some of the stupidest trailers I've ever seen in my life.

I hope everyone here had a wonderful Christmas and I'm looking forward to catching up on all the movies that I have not seen yet.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

7 hours ago, MaxAggressor said:

Bumps w.r.t Monday:

Aquaman - +105.7%

Mary Poppins Returns - +76.6%

There are different numbers for the Christmas Eve in different sites. I used 10.6m for AQM as per Forbes but the likes of DHD, Box Office Report & BO Pro is saying 10.95m. So that would make the bump come in at exactly 99%.

While I used the 6.4m figure provided by THR for MPR but DHD has it at 6.1m on CE. So the new bump is 85.2%.

• Thanks 1

So, with Christmas normally closely matching OW Saturday for the new openers, it looks like Aquaman went $500K over, MPR went $3M over, and Bumblebee went $1.8M over...so a nice Christmas, nicest for MPR (but not a surprise since family gatherings with the grandparents are biggest that day:)...

• Like 2

Holmes & Watson getting a D+ CinemaScore grade is much worse than, say, mother! getting an F. It’s gonna die literally once the holidays are over.

Great numbers for everything it seems. Mary Poppins especially and Bumblebee enjoyed their best days yet. Just goes to show you can’t predict where anything will land at this time of year until Christmas Day passes.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, sfran43 said:

I checked through history, no film ever(except AVATAR), can gain 100% increase if their Christmas eve had 10m in hand.

It just too difficult to increase 100% on CD when your base is so huge.

Aquaman just repeat that feat since Avatar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 4

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

If Aquaman follows Jack Reacher's drops and increases (while dropping 5% more and increasing 5% less), it will get 30M total the next 2 days, and a 52M weekend for almost 190M by Sunday. Should be at around 220M by the end of New Year's Day. Overtakes Justice League domestic on the 2nd.

4 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

The Mule looking to get to 100M slowly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mule hitting $100m and Aquabro hitting $300m dom seem like a great way to cap off WB’s excellent year. They’re the only big studio this year with no bombs, right? Must feel happy selling off Mowgli

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Mule hitting $100m and Aquabro hitting $300m dom seem like a great way to cap off WB’s excellent year. They’re the only big studio this year with no bombs, right? Must feel happy selling off Mowgli

Yep. Even their underperformers weren’t money losers either.

• Like 1