Felandria

Happy Death Day 2U Over $100m Domestic.

It’s the boldest yes realistic one I can think of.

Full Disclosure: I haven’t watched the first one in its entirety, but that fantastic trailer has me pretty hyped for the sequel.

• ...wtf 1

LMAO. Wayyy out. And I'm a BIG fan of HDD. I wish this club succeeded but why'd it do better than the first??? in fact, it looks way too similar. I see it doing around 46m

PS: part 1 had a 2,1x multiplier....

Edited by TombRaider

I only barely have it over $100m, mind.

i just get the vibe that this one might play broader.

I almost went with Welcome to Marwen Under Welcome to Mooseport.

Out.

The first one was a modest success, and a fun little film, but I don't think anyone is clamoring for a continuation of this story. Also...it truly feels and looks like the sequel will not add anything new or any hook compelling enough to make it play so broader than the first one that it would gross twice as much.

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Out.

The first one was a modest success, and a fun little film, but I don't think anyone is clamoring for a continuation of this story. Also...it truly feels and looks like the sequel will not add anything new or any hook compelling enough to make it play so broader than the first one that it would gross twice as much.

I mean, they have seemingly turned it from horror to Sci-fi Comedy, seems pretty different.

4 hours ago, Felandria said:

I mean, they have seemingly turned it from horror to Sci-fi Comedy, seems pretty different.

Why do you keep commenting if you havent seen the first? the first part was also comedy-horror

out.

first one was decent enough but I don't think this one will increase that much, if at all, from the original

I actually enjoyed the first movie but it didn’t develop a massive following after theaters like Pitch Perfect did. Numbers similar to the first sound right.

Yea I’m also thinking numbers similar to the first. As @filmlover said I didn’t feel like the first got more popular after it left theaters. Sometimes movies develop a cult like following or gain popularity when released on VOD (like John Wick for example) but I didn’t feel like that happened with Happy Death Day. 

Itll be great if it happened though! 

First one was already frontloaded. Considering that sequels are usually frontloaded by nature, this one won't do any better.

I smell a decrease ( at least domestic ). This is a sequel that didn't even have to exist. The first movie had a clear plot.