Premium George

Thursday numbers I AM 14.5, MPR 10.2, BB/SMSV 5.8 I BY ASGUARD

Like I said, they don’t have infinite funds, so of course they have to make some decisions about how to spend it: namely, what acquisitions and/or in-house productions give us the greatest retention rate AND increase subs as well? Some of these expensive acquisitions might be aimed at bringing fresh eyes into their service. 

Its also worth remembering that that they think globally, not domestically. Whether rightly or wrongly, something like MOWGLI might play well in India and South Asia, and so forth. But since their entire financial plan is based on (1) gaining subscribers and (2) keeping the subscribers they’ve gained, in the grand scheme of things one particular title doesn’t matter, it’s the collective whole and whether there’s enough interesting stuff there to keep people paying that 11.99/month (or whatever it is for each region). 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, maxalcamo said:

that's also the first Mary Poppins so I don't think is a bad concept to make money.

Yes, but the first Mary Poppins had amazing, classic songs and Julie Andrews (and as good as Emily Blunt may be, she's no Julie Andrews).