Premium George

Thursday numbers I AM 14.5, MPR 10.2, BB/SMSV 5.8 I BY ASGUARD

Saw Poppins and Robin Hood tonight. Poppins was good, but not best of the year or anything. Blunt and the production design were the standouts. To be fair, all the performances were pretty good.

Robin Hood was piss poor. First half hour or so were fine, but it went SO off the rails

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

Saw Poppins and Robin Hood tonight. Poppins was good, but not best of the year or anything. Blunt and the production design were the standouts. To be fair, all the performances were pretty good.

Robin Hood was piss poor. First half hour or so were fine, but it went SO off the rails

I didn't mind Robin Hood. It wasn't great and maybe not even good but there are certainly worse ways to spend a couple of hours at the movie theater and one of them was Mary Poppins. I pretty much disliked everything about it except for the production design.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I wonder whether Aquaman will be over 700 million worldwide by Sunday. Seems like a good possibility. But I don’t have a good gauge of what the overseas projections for the weekend (exception China) are at the moment. 

Actually looking at where we currently are .... after yesterday probably 625.  So if it does 50 3-day, yeah the Sunday 'worldwide' estimate will be over 700 million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I wonder whether Aquaman will be over 700 million worldwide by Sunday. Seems like a good possibility. But I don’t have a good gauge of what the overseas projections for the weekend (exception China) are at the moment. 

It's opening in a handful of markets - small-ish ones, but, on top of the festive period, should make for a decent hold. 700+ is definite by Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Well, 4, but...sure, go with that.

if i said 2..it is 2.....:Gaga:

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

It's opening in a handful of markets - small-ish ones, but, on top of the festive period, should make for a decent hold. 700+ is definite by Sunday. 

australia isn't a small-ish market u hater :kitschjob:

Aquaman vs Jack Reacher comp:

1st Monday :-

Aquaman - 11m

Jack Reacher - 2.6m

1st Tuesday :-

Aquaman - 22.1m

Jack Reacher - 5.3m

1st Wednesday :-

Aquaman - 16.9m

Jack Reacher - 3.8m

1st Thursday :-

Aquaman - 14.5m

Jack Reacher - 3.6m

Aquaman's Wednesday was up by 53.6% w.r.t Monday. While JR's Wednesday was up by 46.2%. So Aquaman surged ahead quite a bit in the last couple of days. But after Thursday, Aquaman is up 31.8% on 1st Monday while JR is up 38.5%.  The Thu. figure is down 34.4% from CD in case Aquaman and 32% in case of JR. So the drop on Thu. has Aquaman falling slightly behind JR after 7 days.

JR's 1st Thu. was 26.5% of it's 2nd weekend. Using a similar method, Aquaman will end up with 54.7m. If we assume the percentage share to come closer to 28% and/or 30%, then Aquaman's 2nd weekend becomes 51.8m and 48.3m respectively. That's my range for the 2nd weekend (48.3-51.8)m atm.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

Too optimistic... 

Why? In 2012...

Friday: the increases were from 5-25%

Saturday: the increases were between 5-15%

Sunday: I the drops were between 15-25%

IMHO, MPR is headed to a 2nd weekend of 31-35M

• Like 2