AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

1 minute ago, Manny G said:

No unfortunately he had to pass the baton because of his schedule. He’s producing but Michael Chaves the Director of The Curse of La Llorana (James Wan is also producing that one) will direct.

Is LlorOna people, come on. Coco should've teach you that by now :sparta:

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, that number will definitely go up. My guess is that they’re projecting a sizeable Sunday drop.

They're projecting a -18% drop on Sunday. But according to the estimates, it supposedly dropped 10% on Saturday. 

This is a very exciting Holiday weekend and I'm hoping to see films continue to have the holds they're having next week, when people are still off from school and work, and only one direct-to-wide release is coming out (that being Escape Room).

It's sad to see Bumblebee have a percentage drop when many of the films around it are having percentage increases, but that's a small enough drop as to where I'm remaining optimistic about the film. I want the film to do as well as it can, and I think there are a lot of children that deserve a film like the film Bumblebee managed to be. I did say that next weekend continues the elongation of the holiday timeframe, so I hope the film will be able to have good word-of-mouth.

But to see Mary Poppins, Spider-Verse, The Mule, Second Act, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Mary Queen of Scots, The Favourite, Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, Creed II, Crimes of Grindelwald, Instant Family, Ben is Back, and A Star is Born all manage a percentagr increase is an exciting sight to see, even if all of those movies are holding for different reasons.

I dunno why Aquaman had a percentage drop, but it almost doesn't matter with how well the film has been doing. No chance the film is anything less than a financial success from this point on.

And GO BEALE STREET! Very encouraging increase! I really want the film to be an Oscar season breakout! I really do want that! I dunno how likely it is but I'm on the verge of beginning to pray for its success!

And I'm not sure about Stan & Ollie and Destroyer's platform openings. I think they're average? Not too glaring but not too concerning? Now that I think about it, I think Destroyer should declare and ramp up towards a wide January release. It seems like a film that'd have a solid January wide release debut, one similar to something like 12 Strong and Den of Thieves from last year. I know they were trying to get Kidman an Oscar nomination but the film would've still benefited from a wide January release... Plus, that would've ramped up Kidman's supporting actress chances (maybe).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Slambros said:

It's sad to see Bumblebee have a percentage drop when many of the films around it are having percentage increases,

I dunno why Aquaman had a percentage drop

Friday openers last weekend. And AQM was triple BB last weekend, so harsher drop than it.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So ?BR OS numbers are fucking insane.They would actually  put in shame a lot of blockbusters in general.That doesn’t make Aquaman numbers less impressive.

Christ, man. THIS is what people mean when they talk about over-sensitivity from fanboys. It wasn't a disparaging remark towards AQM, it was to point out just how huge BR is! AQM is the biggest WW movie out atm, and a billion dollar contender. They used it as an example to illustrate just how big BR is!

• Like 3