cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

This is either the Fast Five or the Last Knight of discussion threads, take your pick.

Neither. Join with me as we go Across the Stars, where there is no sand that is rough or coarse, where it no longer gets everywhere.

Edited by 4815162342

Iunno my Part Five aesthetic is random ambulance drivers abandoning their kids to be killed in a mental facility and then dressing up in a hockey mask to avenge their murders.

Edited by Xillix

In honor of the new year I’m predicting the top 10 and ranges for films way ahead of time:

1.) Voltron: Reunion: $220M/$600M

2.) The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars II: $140M/$500M

3.) One Punch Man: $150M (five day)/$380M

4.) Two Lonely Bounty Hunters: $100M/$370M

5.) Pokémon: The Cinnabar Conspiracy: $160M/$350M

6.) Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From The Queen: $125M/$300M 

7.) Who Recycled Roger Rabbit: $90M/$285M

8.) Phoenix: Rebirth: $85M/$260M

9.) The Secret Saturdays/Star Fox: $90M/$250M

10.) Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga: $100M/$250M

$249M-$200M: (in no certain order)

Children Of Eden, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Medusa, American Dragon 3, DragonBorns, Green Lantern Corps: Hunted, SkyRiders, Countdown To Extinction, In The Valley, Scadanavia

$199M-$150M:

Kirby, Bartimaeus 2, Artifacts, Perfect Match, Bambi, Shiverin’ Gulch, Friday the 13th, Inspect Gadget, Lightspeed, Animated Space Musical, Heroes Within, Valkyries vs Galaxy, Olive, He-Man III, Episilon

$149M-$100M:

Rita, Yin, Everest, War movie, Galileo, Banana Fish, Earthsong II, Associates, Rock N Roll, and a few indies.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

$249M-$200M: (in no certain order)

Children Of Eden, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Medusa, American Dragon 3, DragonBorns, Green Lantern Corps: Hunted, SkyRiders, Countdown To Extinction, In The Valley, Scadanavia

$199M-$150M:

Kirby, Bartimaeus 2, Artifacts, Perfect Match, Bambi, Shiverin’ Gulch, Friday the 13th, Inspect Gadget, Lightspeed, Animated Space Musical, Heroes Within, Valkyries vs Galaxy 

$149M-$100M:

Rita, Yin, Everest, War movie, Galileo, Banana Fish, Earthsong II, Associates, Rock N Roll, and a few indies.

Love how this is here when none of you know anything about it except the genre and the director with a history of flops

Just now, Xillix said:

Love how this is here when none of you know anything about it except the genre and the director with a history of flops

I mean I thought it was doing around Earthsong, but who knows.

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Not gonna lie, I'd lose my shit if this actually happened.

I have a feeling the three year long wait will help it build hype. It and TLBH should have some of the biggest jumps from their predecessors Y5.

Animation wise:

1.) 2LBH: $100M/$370M

2.) Star Fox: $90M/$250M

3.) The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: $70M (five day)/$245M

4.) SkyRiders: $75M/$210M

5.) Medusa: $60M/$200M

6.) Animated Space Musical: $55M (four day)/$190M (My Peoples 2.0.)

7.) Kirby: The Crystal Quest: $45M/$165M

8.) Inspector Gadget: $48M/$150M

9.) Mech Suit Heroine Rita: $40M (four day)/$115M

10.) Insectoids: $30M/$100M

11.) Veggie Tales: $25M/$80M

12.) Fantasia 3: $15M/$75M

@ me if I’m missing something

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Animation wise:

1.) 2LBH: $100M/$370M

2.) Star Fox: $90M/$250M

3.) The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: $70M (five day)/$245M

4.) SkyRiders: $75M/$210M

5.) Medusa: $60M/$200M

6.) Animated Space Musical: $55M (four day)/$190M (My Peoples 2.0.)

7.) Kirby: The Crystal Quest: $45M/$165M

8.) Inspector Gadget: $48M/$150M

9.) Mech Suit Heroine Rita: $40M (four day)/$115M

10.) Veggie Tales: $25M/$80M

11.) Fantasia 3: $15M/$75M

@ me if I’m missing something

Insectoids but again no one knows anything about it. Though tbh probably not hard to guess from the title and my previous output.

Just now, Xillix said:

Insectoids but again no one knows anything about it. Though tbh probably not hard to guess from the title and my previous output.

Oops, I’ll add it: $30M/$100M

Well, I'm beat. It's a sizeable load of work just posting the information for the films, let alone the actual queries. I can feel the left side of my forehead throbbing as I type this... I'm definitely excited to do more though, but I'm done for the night...

• Like 1

TES will be really interesting to see how it performs. Seems like it would have more worldwide appeal, but I wonder if the R rating will hurt its chances overseas.

I don’t need a Spark Rising hit by any means, but if it delivers on a critical level, I think it has a shot at $200m.

• Like 1

I’m also curious on how both Squirrel Girl and Medusa perform as both are 2D/3D hybrids like Pigeon. The former seems accessible for all audiences so I’m not sure it’ll be like Spider Verse and the latter is my first animated musical. 

I'm really hoping that SkyRiders causes a nationwide obession with whales and Yin is able to benefit from that, similar to the way a lot of penguin-related media benefited from each other in the 2000's. It's a complete coincidence, but it's a welcome one nonetheless. And judging from the sneak peek, SkyRiders is going to be really good, and a lot of people are going to want to see it. I think I want to have the trailer premiere in front of that film to be honest.

Banana Fish and VeggieTales both have lower budgets so they'll both do great if they end up on the higher end of their genre potentials.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I'm really hoping that SkyRiders causes a nationwide obession with whales and Yin is able to benefit from that, similar to the way a lot of penguin-related media benefited from each other in the 2000's. It's a complete coincidence, but it's a welcome one nonetheless. And judging from the sneak peek, SkyRiders is going to be really good, and a lot of people are going to want to see it. I think I want to have the trailer premiere in front of that film to be honest.

Banana Fish and VeggieTales both have lower budgets so they'll both do great if they end up on the higher end of their genre potentials.

I wouldn't say the whales are the key aspect of the story (I'd say Skye's identity and how it clashes with the rest of the world is the core), but they play a huge part in propelling the narrative forward especially with the mysterious connection that's being set up.

Super thrilled that you like the preview, though. I legit think the final product could be something really special should I manage to pull it off.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1