cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, cookie said:

I think Squirrel Girl has a shot at $300m (and TSW2 at $500m) if December ends up as empty as it does now. The Voltron 2/Spyro vibes are strong.

I also agree. November is also looking kind of barren as well.

Posted the cold open for PoE2 in the Part 1 thread just to give a tiny taste while I work on the rest. Plan for the remainder is to do half tomorrow, half Sunday. Also recast Jeffrey Dean Morgan in Jeffrey Donovan's role.

Also finally decided on who to cast for a 30-second cameo for near the end of the film.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Okay so just out of curiosity after seeing the adaptation pop up on Memorial Day weekend with a $100 million budget...

...has anyone else ever heard of The Drowsy Chaperone?

No. But it sounds interesting!

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Okay so just out of curiosity after seeing the adaptation pop up on Memorial Day weekend with a $100 million budget...

Considering it's been playing for 15+ years and was nominated for a crap ton of Tony's when it premiered on Broadway, I assume there is a fan base.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

I've heard of it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cookie said:

Considering it's been playing for 15+ years and was nominated for a crap ton of Tony's when it premiered on Broadway, I assume there is a fan base.

I mean it "only" ran for seven months on Broadway, and then had a relatively brief tour and some independent revivals afterwards.

Certainly not casting any aspersions on the quality of the film or anything just seems like an... odd business decision. For reference Rock of Ages ran for over five years on Broadway, had a universally-recognizeable soundtrack and Tom Cruise in the lead, and was still a box office bomb.

Guess I ought to save this for a predictions thread though >.>

5 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Trying to debate what I should port from 2.0, but also want to whip up a few 1-2k word fillers. Will get on that this weekend.

Port it all.

After I get Static Shock done, I will whip up some fillers and maybe if we’re unlucky/lucky Jonathan Testicles will return.

• Haha 1