cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

Pillars of Eternity 2 is on track to be shorter in word count than the first.

However, I am not confident it will be that much shorter. :kitschjob:

We'll see what I can do. I am on line to finish it by Sunday evening, so Monday evening will be EDIT/CONDENSATION TIME.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xillix said:

I mean it "only" ran for seven months on Broadway, and then had a relatively brief tour and some independent revivals afterwards.

Certainly not casting any aspersions on the quality of the film or anything just seems like an... odd business decision. For reference Rock of Ages ran for over five years on Broadway, had a universally-recognizeable soundtrack and Tom Cruise in the lead, and was still a box office bomb.

Guess I ought to save this for a predictions thread though >.>

I don't have stats for you but from what I can see Drowsy is immensely popular to do as a high school or regional community theater production. Most people I knew at school had either been part of a production in high school or seen a local community theater put it on. It's a known show not because of Broadway but one well-appreciated due to the wide-release of it everywhere.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I don't have stats for you but from what I can see Drowsy is immensely popular to do as a high school or regional community theater production. Most people I knew at school had either been part of a production in high school or seen a local community theater put it on. It's a known show not because of Broadway but one well-appreciated due to the wide-release of it everywhere.

The more relevant question box-office wise is whether the general public is familiar with it and likes it enough to want to see it as a movie. You're more into theatrical stuff than I am obviously but for whatever it's worth I started in community theatre when I was 12 and went to a performing arts high school in the theatre program, and I'd still never heard of it. So you're taking a risk is all I'm saying, but best of luck to you XD

• Like 1

On second thought, I may need to take another break from writing. I've been struggling with depression and college-work for a month or so, while at the same time planning on transferring and finding a new job, and I'm just not prepared to dedicate more of my time to finishing my films. I'll still read and review everyone's films but as far as writing goes, I just need to clear my head and get things in my life back to normal.

Honestly I should've seen this coming. Every time it feels like I want to get working on some big CAYOM project I just leave it behind and forget about it until it's too late. I don't really know why I just lose motivation every time I want to write. Hopefully Year 6 will be a bit better for me.

• Sad 8

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

On second thought, I may need to take another break from writing. I've been struggling with depression and college-work for a month or so, while at the same time planning on transferring and finding a new job, and I'm just not prepared to dedicate more of my time to finishing my films. I'll still read and review everyone's films but as far as writing goes, I just need to clear my head and get things in my life back to normal.

Honestly I should've seen this coming. Every time it feels like I want to get working on some big CAYOM project I just leave it behind and forget about it until it's too late. I don't really know why I just lose motivation every time I want to write. Hopefully Year 6 will be a bit better for me.

I completely understand. If you want to talk i can dm you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Sorry to hear that Alpha. As always, put yourself first, take the time you need.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

You know, this prediction doesn't seem all that implausible anymore... 🧐

I’m telling you all now I’m and always have been getting major Shrek 2 vibes from it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

You know, this prediction doesn't seem all that implausible anymore... 🧐

Man if I had a little more time I would do my best to engage all power for the construction of additional pylons.

But we need to stick to the 18th. Things have gone on long enough.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Now that Star Fox isn't happening this year, July is looking like a barren wasteland.

Static Shock is still coming and be finished by tomorrow.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Now that Star Fox isn't happening this year, July is looking like a barren wasteland.

EssGeeKay has a major franchise film coming for July

check out the Franchise Rights thread for a hint to what that is...

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

42 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Unfortunately I don't have anything in the vault that fits that I could just drag and drop into the month with minor changes.

There are a couple things that could work, but both would require more extensive modifications than I have time for with the looming deadline.

Luckily PoE2 is coming along at a good clip. Have done 40% of what I had left to do so far, should do another 10% or so later this evening. The rest for tomorrow.

There's more action in the first two acts than PoE 1 had, though also plenty of exposition and character moments. I do stand by my much earlier thought that in terms of running time, that if PoE 1 was 157 minutes in running time, PoE 2 feels more like 170+ since there's more going on with subplots and whatnot.

So probably a bit better suited for December than November, but I'll pass on confronting the Scavvies.

But the third and final film in this story arc would definitely have the shortest running time of the three, based on my current interpretation of how the plot would go.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Blankments said:

EssGeeKay has a major franchise film coming for July

Hide contents

check out the Franchise Rights thread for a hint to what that is...

Zoinks!

• Like 1