cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS is up and running for your reading pleasure.

Spoiler

That said, I couldn't keep it under 10k words. 

image.jpeg

It's 10,176 words so still close enough

I can't wait to see how you react to a certain scene about two thirds of the way in...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just wrote the big dialogue exposition reveal scene of Act 2. That was exhausting, but necessary. I felt it was something that needed explanation via dialogue rather than normal prose.

But Act 2 should be done shortly, which leaves Act 3 for tomorrow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Just wrote the big dialogue exposition reveal scene of Act 2. That was exhausting, but necessary. I felt it was something that needed explanation via dialogue rather than normal prose.

But Act 2 should be done shortly, which leaves Act 3 for tomorrow.

I just hope there isn't a giant and kinda unnecessary exposition dump in the epilogue again...

TSW2 keeps testing me, but I've arrived at a smooth point in the writing now. The first and third acts are complete, but the former will probably see its share of cutdowns (by 1-2k) just so the word count doesn't balloon out of control.

I think when it started to get smooth for me was when I got to the point where

Spoiler

Lord Serkis shows up. Having a lot of fun with his character.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spaghetti said:

TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS is up and running for your reading pleasure.

Hide contents

That said, I couldn't keep it under 10k words. 

image.jpeg

It's 10,176 words so still close enough

I can't wait to see how you react to a certain scene about two thirds of the way in...

Still shorter than Squirrel Girl

11 minutes ago, cookie said:

TSW2 keeps testing me, but I've arrived at a smooth point in the writing now. The first and third acts are complete, but the former will probably see its share of cutdowns (by 1-2k) just so the word count doesn't balloon out of control.

I think when it started to get smooth for me was when I got to the point where

Hide contents

Lord Serkis shows up. Having a lot of fun with his character.

Will it be finished tomorrow?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I just hope there isn't a giant and kinda unnecessary exposition dump in the epilogue again...

I dispute half of that! :sarah:

Spoiler

Though to be fair and honest, that was something I completely invented on my own for my own spin on the material:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I dispute half of that! :sarah:

Hide contents

Though to be fair and honest, that was something I completely invented on my own for my own spin on the material:ph34r:

If it was placed anywhere else in the film I wouldn't have minded. But it just felt like extra homework at that point.

• Sad 1

tfw you add a film from 2.0 that most people except @4815162342 but you tweak it just a bit to maybe solve his problems with it and make a more cohesive final product but still aren't confident enough to give it a full fledged push as your biggest contender because you may have ended up completely botching it so you put it in Labor Day to hedge bets

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

tfw you add a film from 2.0 that most people except @4815162342 but you tweak it just a bit to maybe solve his problems with it and make a more cohesive final product but still aren't confident enough to give it a full fledged push as your biggest contender because you may have ended up completely botching it so you put it in February to hedge bets

Oh boy.