cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Either a finished film or a surprise film bomb (presumably from CPA?)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

If I pull it off it should make the surrounding competition just a little bit nervous... :ph34r:

Edited by cookie

8 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Stop teasing and tell us what and where. 

So I'm 2/5 finished through Sabrina and I'm pretty sure it's already longer than Yin. It's a dialogue-driven slow burn... I'm doing my best to address the book's themes and make an exciting time out of it, because a story like this, without the graphic novel presentation, can easily bore people to tears. But I've decided that Sabrina is one of the best books I've read in my lifetime, and it deserves to be shared with people.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I have LIGHTSPEED fully outlined. expect it to be on the submissions page by tomorrow. Just need to finish the cast list 

I was just thinking about this project earlier today...  I'm glad to hear it's moving along!

If at some point down the road I feel it is right to do so, I'll probably switch out Inarritu for Ang Lee. It'll mostly depend on whether or not I feel the film is more akin to one's style over the other after I start writing. Re-watching The Revenant made me think Inarritu would be fitting from a tonal perspective (and there's a theme from the film that I think ties in really well to the original book).

Like I said, I'm probably gonna sit on it for awhile before I make a decision.

• Like 2

Apologies for the lack of communication, but very personal stuff came up Saturday that I rather not divulge into right now. The surprise is being held back until it's ready.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 7

Aside from some rewrites today, GLC is at 5,675 (for the first act) words and I still think the first act needs more beef.

Also @cookie I’m sorry to hear about Saturday and hope everything is okay.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1