cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That’s what I’ve thought, just making sure, as I’m trying to figure out how long one of my film should be.

I usually estimate how long my movie is without credits and then add 7-8 minutes on top of that, depending if there's a post-credit scene or not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

I usually estimate how long my movie is without credits and then add 7-8 minutes on top of that, depending if there's a post-credit scene or not.

That’s the thing I don’t know how long my movie should be. At first I thought 109 minutes would be enough but noticed a lot of meat near the third act.

So I've taken a long break from CAYOM, and I'm happy to announce that I've gotten back to writing again. The project that I have begun working on is Banana Fish, and my goal is to have, on the word processor, around two or three pages of each of the six anime episodes I'm adapting for the first film, so as not to go overboard.

Face Paint is finished, but I'm waiting for feedback from my classmates to post it, in case they'res something I can add to make it better. I've already picked out a date that would be suitable for the horror/romance film: April 23rd. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

For them anime fans @Reddroast @Slambros and maybe @Rorschach I think I might want to do an adaptation of Hi Score Girl, also it’d likely be the first movie in CAYOM to make $2B due to the underprivileged gamer audience.

I was thinking about that show just the other day 🤔

(Whatever, you go ahead with it)

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

For them anime fans @Reddroast @Slambros and maybe @Rorschach I think I might want to do an adaptation of Hi Score Girl, also it’d likely be the first movie in CAYOM to make $2B due to the underprivileged gamer audience.

I dont know how that could work as a film. However there are other series on netfilx that could be big blockbusters in CAYOM

Just now, cookie said:

I was thinking about that show just the other day 🤔

(Whatever, you go ahead with it)

I binged watched it today on Netflix (as the cold weather cancelled classes until tomorrow), it’s was pretty damn cute.

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I dont know how that could work as a film. However there are other series on netfilx that could be big blockbusters in CAYOM

I’m not expecting big money but more of a small cute romantic comedy.

I think that Christmas Extravaganza thing I did, where I was announcing my whole Y6 slate, will probably be the last time I announce projects that early. I have an idea of which projects I still have high priority over, but some Y6 projects could definitely fall by the wayside.

7 hours ago, cookie said:

Anyone know of a way to copy-paste from Google Docs or Microsoft Word without losing the formatting? I've tried several things but I can't get it to work.

I think, from my experience, formatting works better with word; flourishes such as italics and bold letters stay on the text much better. A tip: even if it's double-spaced on Word, if you're only pressing the Enter button one time in-between paragraphs, copy/pasting will not show any spaces between the paragraphs because it's only registering a single break in-between the paragraphs.

Also make sure that the formatting is something that BOT supports. There's a few things like fonts that BOT can't register.

If all else fails, you can simply post a link to the google document and have that be where people read. You can also email yourself the word document, open the document in Google Documents through the email, and post the link that way.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1