cookie

CAYOM Y5 - Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

In honor of the new year I’m predicting the top 10 and ranges for films way ahead of time:

1.) Voltron: Reunion: $220M/$600M

2.) The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars II: $140M/$500M

3.) One Punch Man: $150M (five day)/$380M

4.) Two Lonely Bounty Hunters: $100M/$370M

5.) Pokémon: The Cinnabar Conspiracy: $160M/$350M

6.) Pillars of Eternity: Never Far From The Queen: $125M/$300M 

7.) Who Recycled Roger Rabbit: $90M/$285M

8.) Phoenix: Rebirth: $85M/$260M

9.) The Secret Saturdays/Star Fox: $90M/$250M

10.) Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga: $100M/$250M

$249M-$200M: (in no certain order)

Children Of Eden, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Medusa, American Dragon 3, DragonBorns, Green Lantern Corps: Hunted, SkyRiders, Countdown To Extinction, In The Valley, Scadanavia

$199M-$150M:

Kirby, Bartimaeus 2, Artifacts, Perfect Match, Bambi, Shiverin’ Gulch, Friday the 13th, Inspect Gadget, Lightspeed, Animated Space Musical, Heroes Within, Valkyries vs Galaxy, Olive, He-Man III, Episilon

$149M-$100M:

Rita, Yin, Everest, War movie, Galileo, Banana Fish, Earthsong II, Associates, Rock N Roll, and a few indies.

I really hope those numbers are domestic.

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Animation wise:

1.) 2LBH: $100M/$370M

2.) Star Fox: $90M/$250M

3.) The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: $70M (five day)/$245M

4.) SkyRiders: $75M/$210M

5.) Medusa: $60M/$200M

6.) Animated Space Musical: $55M (four day)/$190M (My Peoples 2.0.)

7.) Kirby: The Crystal Quest: $45M/$165M

8.) Inspector Gadget: $48M/$150M

9.) Mech Suit Heroine Rita: $40M (four day)/$115M

10.) Insectoids: $30M/$100M

11.) Veggie Tales: $25M/$80M

12.) Fantasia 3: $15M/$75M

@ me if I’m missing something

Your putting Kirby BELOW Star Fox?!

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

Your putting Kirby BELOW Star Fox?!

I think Kirby will do more akin to September animated films have done in the past: Hotel Translyvania 1/2 numbers or more similar in CAYOM Crash 2, as families and kids are in school but the Nintendo name brand and a lax amount of competition for the family demo should have it in the $160M-$180M DOM. That said if reviews are good, it has a shot at $200M.

I do feel like Star Fox would be more anticipated  mainly due to marketing, the Hollywood Animation Studios name and coming after Amulet II will help and the recent space opera resurgence makes me think it’ll do nicely. However I’m expected some frontloadedness to it.

• Like 1

@cookie Had to go back to re-read the end of Scavvies 1 because I was confused why Rickey Whittle wasn't in the cast list for #2. Then made sense (he is with Joel/Kira), though probably could have been made a little bit clearer.

Edited by 4815162342

20 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@cookie Had to go back to re-read the end of Scavvies 1 because I was confused why Rickey Whittle wasn't in the cast list for #2. Then made sense (he is with Joel/Kira), though probably could have been made a little bit clearer.

I did toy around with maybe having him show up in part two, but the cast list was getting crowded and whatever role he would’ve had can easily be filled by MEW or one of the new characters.

I’ll keep the last part in mind with the revised version.

Edited by cookie

It'll be interesting to see how awards shake out this year without a looming front-runner casting a shadow over things.

(Yes I know Scavvies 1 gobbled up Oscar nominations, but its sequel isn't nearly as intimidating as Odyssey 3 imo)

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Okay... game plan:

- Medusa will be done by Sunday as it should be a semi short film (5K-6K words) 

- I aim to have Green Lantern and Phoenix plotted out by next Wednesday so @cookie and @Spagspiria prepare and hopefully one done by the next Sunday

- Then the other, Valkyries and School Spirit by the 25th.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

(Yes I know Scavvies 1 gobbled up Oscar nominations, but its sequel isn't nearly as intimidating as Odyssey 3 imo)

Tbh I'm kinda worried Voltron and TSW2 are going to cause a lot of split votes since they're both uber-expensive sci-fi tentpoles going for many of the same categories.

But I said before that whatever is the best received out of my main four (V3, TSW2, SR, DB) will be my OC so we'll see.

22 minutes ago, cookie said:

Tbh I'm kinda worried Voltron and TSW2 are going to cause a lot of split votes since they're both uber-expensive sci-fi tentpoles going for many of the same categories.

But I said before that whatever is the best received out of my main four (V3, TSW2, SR, DB) will be my OC so we'll see.

Indeed we shall.

I expect that there is gonna be a lot more diverse tech categories this year.

• Like 1

I think if SkyRiders is great, it may have the best shot at Best Picture. I can see a three way between TSW2, VR, and POE2 for the technical awards.

Best Animated Feature should be interesting as there’s a lot of different and bigger films than the last few years.

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, cookie said:

Scavenger Wars 2 appears a lot more interesting and ambitious on paper than Voltron 3. But we shall see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Scavenger Wars 2 appears a lot more interesting and ambitious on paper than Voltron 3. But we shall see

I'll just say there's a lot I'm still hiding regarding both and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

All of you guys will be surprised by one of the writers for my kirby movie. Hint: it is a Youtuber.

Curious on the choice but will the pre load arrive tonight?