sfran43

Wednesday numbers: Aquaman $7.38M | MPR $4.41M | Spider-Verse $3.41M | Bumblebee $3.07M

1 hour ago, a2k said:

8.46 (+35%) 237.55

12.27 (+45%) 249.82

7.36 (-40%) 257.18

28.09 weekend (-46%)

Those seem kind of bad if you ask me. Even TLJ with its abysmal multiplier (for a December film) jumped by 50% on its third Friday and another 59% on Saturday, and a 34% drop on Sunday.

Jack Reacher and National Treasure jumped 70%+ (but that sort of jump seems impossible for Aquaman) and had similar holds to what you wrote on Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by lorddemaxus

So if there was any doubt left that Aquaman is going over 300+  yesterday and then today's numbers solidified the 300+ though I'd argue the weekend did that.  I have to think the one billion club is a lock at this point.  I can't see OS-C falling below the necessary what ~$400M or so that it will need?  

Amazing run.  Could get up as high as $1.1 billion and maybe challenge Civil War. 

Not surprising that the coming of age masterpiece “Bumblebee” is bombing in China. They don’t like quality films with good storylines. Only shitty mindless CGI’d action with bad plots - hence why Aquaman is a success. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, GraceRandolph said:

Not surprising that the coming of age masterpiece “Bumblebee” is bombing in China. They don’t like quality films with good storylines. Only shitty mindless CGI’d action with bad plots - hence why Aquaman is a success. 

it didn't do too hot in the us either..

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I agree, that's why Bumblebee is beating Aquaman and becoming a big success in the US, Europe, South America and Asia. Wait..  it's not doing that anywhere :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I agree, that's why Bumblebee is beating Aquaman and becoming a big success in the US, Europe, South America and Asia. Wait..  it's not doing that anywhere :thinking:

he stans for britney spears. im sure he knows a lot about quality:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

25 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Bumblebee will cross around ¥800-1000M.$120-150M is not a bomb.It's okay for a spin-off film.Taopiaopiao score is around 9.1

Wom is good.Paramount shouldn't chooseChristmas.February,June,August,October is much better.It hurt much from this crowded Christmas.

Edited by SliverS
  • Like 2