sfran43

Wednesday numbers: Aquaman $7.38M | MPR $4.41M | Spider-Verse $3.41M | Bumblebee $3.07M

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Bumblebee should have moved to Summer 2019.

Yeah,I agree with that.Even February is better than Christmas.It's lunar New year in February.Bumblebee can do more in Asia.alita move to February.Summer is better for Bumblebee

Edited by SliverS

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Bumblebee should have moved to Summer 2019.

June is not that crazy aside from Dark Phoenix and the future of that film was questionable from the get go. July and August are stacked. I say June would have been a good option.

28 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Great # was actually thinking it would be in the 6's.

Also LOL at Variety weekend preview thinking Aquaman heading to 23-26. 

https://variety.com/2019/film/box-office/aquaman-box-office-threepeat-1203097798/

They gonna be like 4 or 5 million off.

Variety and Deadline have been downplaying Aquaman.

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Funny thing is Paramount was chasing down Aquaman. Aquaman's original release date was July 27th and Paramount decided to put Fallout there. Eventually Aquaman moved to December and ended up against Bumblebee.

They’re at it again with Pet Semetary opening against Shazam. Granted it could be a nice counter program but it could also go wrong just like with Bumblebee. 

• Like 1

Bumblebee had nothing going for it to be a must see at premium price (cute and heartwarming won't put butts in seats cause they can catch that on Netflix) and was sandwiched between 2 movies that actually offered something new and exciting - Aquaman and Spiderverse, both BB's direct competition. That's all that is, not the time of the year or female lead or whatever. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

Paramount should just consider not releasing a Transformers movie anywhere near a DC movie. The Last Knight released shortly after Wonder Woman and suffered a similar fate.

I think Aquaman utter and total  domination is a good warning tale for all studios including Disney that they should move away form DC IPs just like they do from Marvels. I mean Aquaman will make a billion released against Spider Verse Bumblebee and MPR while none of those three will even scratch the $500M mark.  

Edited by Manny G

13 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Funny thing is Paramount was chasing down Aquaman. Aquaman's original release date was July 27th and Paramount decided to put Fallout there. Eventually Aquaman moved to December and ended up against Bumblebee.

They came for the King, and missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I saw welcome to Marwan today, well the first 40 minutes of it anyway. I've walked out of maybe five movies in my whole life. I have never walked out of one as quick as I walked out of this one. I don't know what anyone was thinking by green-lighting this. I don't know what the theme of it is I don't know what it's about I don't know why I'm supposed to care. This is not necessarily Robert zemeckis is fault. It's the bozos who decided that they should make this full movie in the first place. It was just a painful experience right from the first and opening shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I honestly doubt bumblebee would have done better in the summertime. There's just not that much interest in it. You can't force people to be interested in something. And the trailers for this at least in my opinion did nothing to make me want to see it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I saw welcome to Marwan today, well the first 40 minutes of it anyway. I've walked out of maybe five movies in my whole life. I have never walked out of one as quick as I walked out of this one. I don't know what anyone was thinking by green-lighting this. I don't know what the theme of it is I don't know what it's about I don't know why I'm supposed to care. This is not necessarily Robert zemeckis is fault. It's the bozos who decided that they should make this full movie in the first place. It was just a painful experience right from the first and opening shot.

Curious as to what the others were?

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Bumblebee is doing much better than a Bay-directed Transformers 6 would’ve done and that’s really all that matters to Paramount.

That's hard to prove, though. Especially on the international front. We have no way of knowing how Paramount will judge this. One would hope they would show patience and maintain course for the next one, rather than reverting to Bayhem, and then hopefully that movie increases and rewards their faith and proves that BB was well received and a good change of pace.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Bumblebee is doing much better than a Bay-directed Transformers 6 would’ve done and that’s really all that matters to Paramount.

You’re naïve. We don’t live in a “would’ve” world and Hollywood exces certainly don’t. The narrative will be a Transformer movie made less then $400M worldwide and that’s bad optics for the franchise.

Bumblebee matching T5 would have been a bona fide succes. Bumblebee making $500M would’ve have been nice quite a promising and bright future for th franchise but bumblebee making $350M-$375M just look bad.

Paramount retooled the whole franchise for it to have second life not for the first entry of that retooled franchise to be by far the lowest entry in the overall franchise.