sfran43

Wednesday numbers: Aquaman $7.38M | MPR $4.41M | Spider-Verse $3.41M | Bumblebee $3.07M

35 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I can't recall at this time. I've seen so many over the years. I think one was the Leslee Sobieski film where she all of a sudden falls in love with Oz from American pie because he's a rich asshole And she ditches Josh Hartnett because he's sweet. Then she goes for a run and falls down and everyone finds out she has cancer in the leg and then she dies. Somewhere in the middle of it there was dancing. Michael Rooker was an asshole once again. No idea what the name of it was but it was freaking horrible.

Looks like it was called Here on Earth(never saw or heard of it)

• Thanks 1

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but domestically speaking I think Bumblebee has done about as good as Paramount could have hoped for.  I mean, we're talking 3, MAYBE 4 sequels that have not been well received and continued to diminish the brand.  The last one is released in the heat of the summer and makes 130 stateside.

The fact that Bumblebee is going to do around that same number is a bigggg feat and Paramount should be smart enough to know that it was going to take a quality film or two to stop the bleeding if the franchise wants a future.

The only real bad news here was letting the budget go over 100 (a Venom-esque budget would have made this sound a lot better) and the fact that it's being mildly received in China.  Still 300-350+ WW with the amount this had to overcome is, IMO, a big win.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

God Damn, at this pace internationally the movie probably gonna not only pass 900 but be pushing 920+ by the end of Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

I walked out of Pulp Fiction

By that time I had seen the movie four times.   I had some time to kill after my last class and work.  Normally I would have gone home but it was snowing and the roads were shitty.   The theater was on the way to work.  So I just decided to watch a bit of the movie again.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

God Damn, at this pace internationally the movie probably gonna not only pass 900 but be pushing 920+ by the end of Sunday.

That seems like a certainty. 920-930 seems like the target.

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

I honestly doubt bumblebee would have done better in the summertime. There's just not that much interest in it. You can't force people to be interested in something. And the trailers for this at least in my opinion did nothing to make me want to see it.

But you're also A Bay whore darling ;)

• Thanks 1