sfran43

Wednesday numbers: Aquaman $7.38M | MPR $4.41M | Spider-Verse $3.41M | Bumblebee $3.07M

Phat Girlz was a double feature with Superman Returns in 2006 and after having already seen Superman Returns I wanted my money's worth of that double feature by staying to watch Phat Girlz. Boy was that one of the worst mistakes I've ever made, left during 10 mins into the movie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHepBurn said:

It's not really that. It's largely the sense, at least in my viewpoint, that over the past couple of years Paramount has somewhat overestimated the pull and footprint of the Transformers franchise due to past success and tried to bully their way into a spot with competing blockbusters. I just find it hilarious that the two primary culprits that have left the franchise shattered in it's wake has been two DC movies, which I'm sure Paramount figured they could get away with slotting next to. My face following the box office of The Last Knight and Bumblebee in the aftermath of those decisions is basically:

JL-Trailer-2-Theatrical.jpg?resize=696,3

How is scheduling The Last Knight in June “bullying” :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I walked out of Inception.

Reveal hidden contents

I had forgotten what movie it was, but about halfway through my bowel decided not to be patient and I was getting up a few times.   

17 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

John Cena is no Dwayne Johnson,  I will take a lot to save Transformers 

To be fair to him, I think he was fairly wasted in Bumblebee. Now, Cena as a wannabe inventor who has to go back to college, while dealing with his crackhead parents and an extremely sexy girlfriend, who is also his daughter's best friend, in the Bay-directed sequel. A billion here we come again!

10 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

1.1 Billion is possible for Aquaman.

That would make it the highest gross of the DC universe ever! Mr. Wan pushing another movie/franchise over the billion dollar threshold!!:ohmygod:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHepBurn said:

It's not really that. It's largely the sense, at least in my viewpoint, that over the past couple of years Paramount has somewhat overestimated the pull and footprint of the Transformers franchise due to past success and tried to bully their way into a spot with competing blockbusters. I just find it hilarious that the two primary culprits that have left the franchise shattered in it's wake has been two DC movies, which I'm sure Paramount figured they could get away with slotting next to. My face following the box office of The Last Knight and Bumblebee in the aftermath of those decisions is basically:

JL-Trailer-2-Theatrical.jpg?resize=696,3

So, putting a Transformers movie in the traditional time frame they normally open (late June-early July) is bullying because Wonder Woman opens three weeks prior? Or putting Bumblebee near Aquaman in hopes of better legs as it’s the holidays where multiple films tend to coexist?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

To be fair to him, I think he was fairly wasted in Bumblebee. Now, Cena as a wannabe inventor who has to go back to college, while dealing with his crackhead parents and an extremely sexy girlfriend, who is also his daughter's best friend, in the Bay-directed sequel. A billion here we come again!

Next film John Cena and The Rock team up with the Autobots to stop the Decepticons. 2 Billion Worldwide locked.