sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - AQM $31M | Escape Room $18.24M | MPR $15.86M | Bumblebee $13.20M | Spider-Verse $13.13M

35 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Plus, all the women come for Jason Mamoa. All the men come for Amber Heard. Its genius.

Im gay and I came for amber. I dont find jason hot at all. the only superheroes i find hot are henry cavill and rdj

And besides, watching a movie because an actor is hot is lame

Edited by TombRaider

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

Im gay and I came for amber. I dont find jason hot at all.

Hm......................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

I didnt come for amber because she was hot. whats your point

Your phrasing made it seem like you did come for amber because shes hot :lol: anyway, lets just move on.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Spiderverse over MPR YES! YES! YES! 

Although it is possible Spiderverse makes more than MPR. MPR is still going to go over 200 mil. It just would need 60 million from after this weekend (if the weekend follows that estimate) which is easy.

Edited by lorddemaxus

26 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Spiderverse over MPR YES! YES! YES! 

Hold your britches. Spiderverse is still below MPR in both total and dailies and the gap is only going to grow over the next week or so. Possible, maybe. Likely, not at the moment. 

• Like 1

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch $1,300,000 -68% 1,622 -933 $801 $269,753,735

Very harsh drop for the Grinch after dropping over 50% last weekend (when most family films saw large increases). It seems it can't escape the post-holiday collapse that a lot of Christmas-themed films experience. I was curious whether it would go back to playing like a normal Illumination animated film with average holds, but it's clear from these massive drops that people see it purely as a Christmas flick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

My two cents: Aquaman has a great 1st and third act, but it rather dries out in the middle, so B+.

Wonder Woman never falls below good, is often great, and occasionally even transcendent (No Man's Land, Steve's sacrifice.) Plus, the chemistry between the two leads is far better than AQ's. Solid A, and would have been an A+ but for all the slo-mo.

And I won't be at all surprised if in three month's time we're all talking about how Shazam is the best DC film. Got a good feeling about this one...

AQM has the Sicily and Trench scenes in its second act. The Trench in particular is a highlight. It's the first act where it struggles a bit. One might say...it was finding its sea legs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

Im gay and I came for amber. I dont find jason hot at all. the only superheroes i find hot are henry cavill and rdj

Jason's not my cup of tea either, but the demo numbers clearly show the female appeal was VERY strong - it’s easier to compare to WW than the usual teenage boy heavy sh movies. But while WW attracted the women and girls with its portraual of a unique, ground-breaking role model, AQM was all about the eye candy. 

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Well look who sneaked into the top 5 of 2018 Worldwide. 🤯

WORLDWIDE 2018
1. Avengers: Infinity War $2,048,710,150
2. Black Panther $1,346,913,161
3. Jurassic World 2 $1,308,534,046
4. Incredibles 2 $1,242,598,825
5. Aquaman $887,620,880
> VIEW FULL CHART

And that’s the final top 5. The 4 SH movies over 1B, + JW2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

AQM has the Sicily and Trench scenes in its second act. The Trench in particular is a highlight. It's the first act where it struggles a bit. One might say...it was finding its sea legs...

Well, didn't time it out, but for the me film falters after they ditch Mera's watercraft and during the whole desert sequence that follows. It's not a huge part of the movie, so maybe calling it the 'second act' is an overreach, but the momentum definitely slows before bouncing back nicely in Sicily, and yes, I agree, the Trench and where that takes us was a definite highlight. 

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Go Aquaman, Spiderverse and BR! Those are the only movies I care about atm but nice success for Escape Room. :bravo: Main actress Taylor Russell is very beautiful, maybe MCU cast her as Storm? 🙏

I like Taylor Russell and would love to see her in more things but she is no Storm. That would be a terrible casting choice. If the MCU is going for a young Storm then someone like Kiki Layne from Beale Street would be a great choice. I just watched that film and developed a girl crush. She deserves more shine. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe