sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - AQM $31M | Escape Room $18.24M | MPR $15.86M | Bumblebee $13.20M | Spider-Verse $13.13M

30 minutes ago, DAR said:

Why are we doing previews at 4pm on Thursday?

Yeah, at which point isn't it just a Thursday opening?

OLD FART WARNING

I still remember when preview shows were a 12 PM thing only, and just for hyped movies...

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

A Dog's Way Home: 1:30. Attachments unknown (likely just Overcomer)

Replicas: 1:36. Attachments are 47 Meters Down 2 and Fighting with my Family

The Upside: 1:58. Attachments are The Best of Enemies and Uglydolls

So 94 Meters Down?

• Like 1

Pretty good start for Escape Room, even with the 4:00 start time factored in. I feel like we say this nearly every single January, but there's just something about low-budget horror that clicks in January (probably the fact that there usually hasn't been a successful horror movie released in a fairly long while by that point).

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looks like a 40-50M OS weekend should happen. Which would put it at around 680-690M OS by Sunday. Could potentially be around 930-940M WW.

It really might give The Dark Knight Rises a run for its money at this pace ... or at least look like closer to 1.05 billion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

It really might give The Dark Knight Rises a run for its money at this pace ... or at least look like closer to 1.05 billion.

Honestly would love if Aquaman challenged Civil War or at least becomes the highest grossing DC film ever. 

22 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Oh it is passing TDKR for sure. The Dark Knight Rises is only $85M above the billion and Aquaman should reach the billion by next Saturday. It certainly can crawl past more than $85M for the remaining weeks of it runs. 

Edited by Manny G

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I’m cool with 9 of those at this point, but replace Asians with Beale Street

why? this is the second guild that showed zero passion for Beale and lots of passion for CRA. Obviously reception of Beale is nowhere near Moonlight. So it's only fair that other movies replace it since it isn't Jenkins' best work. We'll see if DGA nominates him but I'm hoping that Coogler will get in instead. Much more deserving plus it would propel BP to legit contender to win. 

16 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

why? this is the second guild that showed zero passion for Beale and lots of passion for CRA. Obviously reception of Beale is nowhere near Moonlight. So it's only fair that other movies replace it since it isn't Jenkins' best work. We'll see if DGA nominates him but I'm hoping that Coogler will get in instead. Much more deserving plus it would propel BP to legit contender to win. 

Because I think Beale Street is a much better movie, just my opinion