sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - AQM $31M | Escape Room $18.24M | MPR $15.86M | Bumblebee $13.20M | Spider-Verse $13.13M

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Also, looks like Aquaman's gonna get 4 weekends #1 dom and 6 weekends #1 globally. Pretty great.

Bumblebee should be #1 globally this weekend thanks to its China debut. Will probably be about 5-10M higher than Aquaman 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Yeah, the fact Little Mix didn't hit #1 with their latest album while basic trash like TGS keeps selling, it's racism and sexism, honestly.

Rita shoulda gone number one.

Yeh poor Rita missing the top 10 all together. I went to see her earlier in the year and she was great. 

I think Little Mix will take a break next year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeah, poor Rita missing the top 10 all together. I went to see her earlier in the year, and she was great. 

I think Little Mix will take a break next year.

I think the mistake was not utilizing the momentum of Anywhere, tremendous hit in the UK. Woulda gone #1 if they pushed harder and released worldwide. Let You Love Me is slowly rising in the US, but Anywhere woulda smashed. On top of that, if she released closer to Anywhere's takeoff, would have helped the album in sales.

It's unfortunate they pushed it back almost a year. She deserves success, great talent in singing and songwriting.

I think Little Mix is aching to come back stronger. The whole label shakeup is the reason this era has been so lackluster and boring. With the old label not waning to them the push, I imagine they're aching to get material released again where they can really promote and do all the things they want.

• Like 1

Pretty good numbers. Not disappointed at the Poppins drop; the movie was good, but not good enough that I’m going to be concerned about it’s box office from here. It was well-received and didn’t lose money. Don’t care about how much greedy Disney makes after that.

Really hope Spider-Verse can keep its legs going throughout January. Same for Bumblebee. Aquaman’s looking strong as is.

Good for Escape Room. Should be good for a 40+ total as long as Glass doesn’t annihilate it in 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

This line from the Deadline article is hilarious

A movie which went into this weekend with 867M and will earn 30M+ according to your estimates might just break 900M WW :thinking: 

WTF why are they so salty??? 

38 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Pretty crazy that AQM is going to be the first DCU movie to break a billion since TDKR

Its the only DC movie since TDKR to deserve that imo....

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its the only DC movie since TDKR to deserve that imo....

:ph34r:

Well, deserves got nothing to do with it.  :)

You think it's that much better than WW?

WW was fine but its third act (Ares reveal and the SFX mess of a battle) was horrid. Aquaman is much more consistent and have an actual great third act (which many more praised movies completely botch). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • ...wtf 1