sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - AQM $31M | Escape Room $18.24M | MPR $15.86M | Bumblebee $13.20M | Spider-Verse $13.13M

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Posting a stat that says 29% of the gender still didn't definitely recommend means there's a big amount of that gender which does not...probably the part of the gender that has watched many movies and actually critiques them...and isn't there for their sons and grandsons:)... 

No, it isn't at all what this survey indicates. Read that part again, you claimed the opposite:

winning females over in a big way with F25+ giving the DC superhero pic its best gender score of 84%

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 3

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

No, it isn't at all what this stat means. Read that part again, you claimed the opposite:

29% of all women would not recommend, 16% over 25 would not recommend...that means there's room in that number for folks to disagree...

I'm not sure you know what that number means...but it's beside the point...I think what I think about movies, just like all of you...I watch a huge amount, and I watch a huge amount of supers...

Of the supers I watched this year, Aquaman was the worst quality one (Deadpool and Ant Man pending)...but it was a good year for supers, (although not a great one)...

As of now, I'd rank...

Avengers Infinity War - the top, by far - there's a step down after this one...

Teen Titans Go to The Movies

Spideyverse (which would be higher at #2, but it's just too much for my senses, personally)

Venom

Incredibles 2

Black Panther (this one is probably more controversial, so feel free to jump on this one, too)

Aquaman

And no one else on this board probably has this ranking...but between personal preferences and movie quality, that's my ranking...and I'm okay with that:)...

24 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Ummm, okay...if you'd like the blunter way, everything you say I disagree with...but we can disagree...I'm not male, nor very young...and Aquaman's 3rd act was made to appeal to a big battle WWE cage match type of audience - no real emotional heft, no real great "plot reason" for 1/2 of the fighting (or the quitting of the fighting), no good acting, etc...but it happened.  Lots of folks LOVE that kinda 3rd act - bring on the fights and the special effects, it's supers!  And some folks look for more:)...

My young males in my family felt like you do, so I know where the sentiment comes from...doesn't mean I have to agree with it...

"Some folks look for more", gotcha. No need to argue any further after this. There is a point to the fighting in Aquaman as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its the only DC movie since TDKR to deserve that imo....

:ph34r:

BvS should have crossed a billion. Snyder screwed the pooch.

Also it's so obvious now that the potential for DC films to do better than MCU's solos was always there. If not for BvS's bad wom, WW and JL would have grossed more. (WW would have hit 150m OW, JL 200m OW.)

Edited by eddyxx
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Since this is the weekend board, I support you having that opinion:)...but you and I watched 2 separate movies for Aquaman and Wonder Woman (WW, even without a great 3rd act, still has the better 3rd act:)...

Are we counting the trench as the 3rd act cause that was amazing

• Like 3