sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - AQM $31M | Escape Room $18.24M | MPR $15.86M | Bumblebee $13.20M | Spider-Verse $13.13M

2 minutes ago, boyamama said:

i'm not the one who quote the wrong tweet and make a sarcasm reasons.....:Gaga:

God the grammar here is painfull to read :lol: and honestly, i have no patience right now to discuss this here with you and i dont wanna annoy all the others here who just want to see half-naked dudes numbers for this weekends box office, so whatever.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Wow. You really can’t take a joke.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

God the grammar here is painfull to read :lol: and honestly, i have no patience right now to discuss this here with you and i dont wanna annoy all the others here who just want to see half-naked dudes numbers for this weekends box office, so whatever.

say what........:sparta:..and pardon my grammar  :Venom:

and to good sis,who said i can't take a joke...u know that gaga meme mean right...lol :sparta:

For Escape Room not bad of a debut for a small budget horror flick. $40 million total is a strong chance if it gets hammered in the next few frames. But still Sony should be happy with the turnout.

Aquaman almost at a billion is quite impressive, one of the most tepid projections ever for 2018, is now one of

the most interesting in quite a few months. Aquaman outgrossing Justice League and such is pretty impressive. So $300-$335 million total seems possible in the states and a $1 billion squeeze from international markets.

Mary Poppins bouncing up but eh. Bumblebee is doing well for Paramount should hold another week as it should pass the $100 million mark very very soon, which would make Paramount’s 3rd $100+ million film, which has been a first since 2013! 

The Mule still holding strong. If it gets awards push, it can make it to the $100 million mark by the end of its run. As it’s Clint Eastwood’s most sucessful acting film since Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino. 

Christmas films: Vice held fine but political films about past presidents or depicting a presidency/administration  are a rough gamble. It all depends on award season if this is a hit or a loser. 

Speaking of loser, Holmes & Watson had a big drop this weekend. It outgrossed past holiday comedy failures like Father Figures already, and it outgrossed Will Ferell’s previous dud The House. Overall, the film will end the case soon with audiences. 

Everything else is good. But Second Act is still living. Green Book isn’t actually a dud like I thought. Beale Street and Basis Of Sex should be interesting  how they do with awards season and the Oscars coming very soon. 

2019 Is down almost 6% from last year at this point. But Glass should liven up the box office on MLK weekend. Which Glass I have been mentioning a lot on this thread but January 2019 has a moderate to dud slate which is typical. 

• Like 1

Aquaman is a fucking behemoth. I can only imagine it resonated this well especially with OS because it really seems to be a gigantic, dumb, fun spectacle and has no problems with it. Stuckmann (who is one of the few YouTube critics I respect) described it as a 90's cheesy blockbuster with anime flavor..... that is the description of a film I wanna see. JAMES THE MOTHERFUCKING GAWD WAN has crafted two billion dollar franchise movies in a nutshell (Conjuring 2 notwithstanding, but even that franchise makes grosses that might as well be a billion for their budget.)

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Aquaman is a fucking behemoth. I can only imagine it resonated this well especially with OS because it really seems to be a gigantic, dumb, fun spectacle and has no problems with it. Stuckmann (who is one of the few YouTube critics I respect) described it as a 90's cheesy blockbuster with anime flavor..... that is the description of a film I wanna see. JAMES THE MOTHERFUCKING GAWD WAN has crafted two billion dollar franchise movies in a nutshell (Conjuring 2 notwithstanding, but even that franchise makes grosses that might as well be a billion for their budget.)

Exactly this. It has the same cheesy and fun tone of typical 90s action blockbusters (The Rock, Face/Off, Con Air, you name it) combined with tropes and characters that could very well exist in the Dragon Ball Universe as well. It knows how stupid it is and plays with it, it embraces the nonsensical nature of its world. And its just a blast.

• Like 2